* [ECOS] networking on eCos
@ 2005-10-29  9:50 gerardo.rossi
From: gerardo.rossi @ 2005-10-29  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: mirkomassi

Hello there,
again that 2 italian students  with some problems about eCos...

We have 2 applications that use sockets, 1 transmitter that runs on eCos
transmitting data on port 2000 and 1 receiver(non-eCos application) that reads
data on the same port(all that on localhost momentarily).

1) Using the function gethostbyname() we have our error-message:

"Unable to find host 127.0.0.1" but we resolve this introducing
"init_all_network_interfaces()" and setting CYGDAT_NS_DNS_DEFAULT_SERVER via
configtool with our dns-ip, but this function is so slow and we try to use
"cyg_dns_res_init(struct in_addr *dns_server)".
Can you help we about what we have to pass to this function? Which are the
field-types of this structure?
hp=(struct hostent *)gethostbyname(cyg_hal_sys_argv[1]);

2) Another problem: the transmitter sends data without errors but the receiver
receives nothing and blocks on recv():
while (1) {
  n = recv(sock, buf, RTPSIZE, 0);
We preput that without eCos the applications communicate correctly.
What may be the cause?

3) For last(please!)

The full set of arguments can be accessed through the variables cyg_hal_sys_argc
and cyg_hal_sys_argv, but which function we have to pass them? Which header we
have to include? And how we have to pass our arguments to the application?

Thanks a lot and excuse to us for our bad english.

  Mirko, Gerardo.

* [ECOS] networking on eCos
@ 2005-10-31 17:32 gerardo.rossi
From: gerardo.rossi @ 2005-10-31 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: mirkomassi

>So anything you send to localhost in eCos will only be received by socket code
>listening in eCos.

Now we have both applications that run on eCos-synth, the transmitter sends UDP
packets correctly after a good connect() using a proper IP address like
142.31.248.70 .

The receiver have 2 different behaviors :
1) using IP like 127.0.0.1 it executes bind() between socket and address
correctly, but the function init_all_network_interfaces() prints the following
message: BOOTP/DHCP failed on eth0; and the recv() doesn't receive nothing.

Can we configure manually via configtool the addresses, instead to use dhcp or
bootp ?

2) using proper IP address the bind() fails and the output is:
BOOTP/DHCP failed on eth0
Bind error: Can't assign requested address

If we try to use I/O auxiliary when we start applications using the --io option
appears the following message:
Error: unable to find the I/O auxiliary program on the current search PATH
     : please install the appropriate host-side tools.

But the eCos host-side was already compiled, what means this message?