* [ECOS] Support for Arcom's Vulcan board
@ 2006-02-02 10:04 R Vamshi Krishna
From: R Vamshi Krishna @ 2006-02-02 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Our project requires a board with atleast 4 serial ports.
While googling I found out about Arcom's IXP425 based PC/104 compatible
board. Does eCos support this board. I don't need to use all the features
of the board. All I want to know is that is it possible to use the board
with eCos in any way ??

PS : I really am dumb in the knowledge of embedded boards so kindly bear
with me.

--
Regards,
Vamshi

R.Vamshi Krishna,
M.Tech. CSE (II year),
IIT Bombay
Room no. 320, A-wing, Hostel-12
Mobile : +919869781633

* Re: [ECOS] Support for Arcom's Vulcan board
@ 2006-02-02 10:24 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2006-02-02 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: R Vamshi Krishna; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 03:32:35PM +0530, R Vamshi Krishna wrote:

> Our project requires a board with atleast 4 serial ports.
> While googling I found out about Arcom's IXP425 based PC/104 compatible
> board. Does eCos support this board. I don't need to use all the features
> of the board. All I want to know is that is it possible to use the board
> with eCos in any way ??

http://www.arcom.com/#Devkits

This shows that the MERLIN board is fully supported and there must be
basic support for the VIPER since RedBoot runs.

There is no mention of the Vulcon, so it looks like you would need to
do a port.

        Andrew

* Re: [ECOS] Support for Arcom's Vulcan board
@ 2006-02-02 10:43 ` David Vrabel
From: David Vrabel @ 2006-02-02 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: R Vamshi Krishna; +Cc: ecos-discuss

R Vamshi Krishna wrote:

> Our project requires a board with atleast 4 serial ports.
> While googling I found out about Arcom's IXP425 based PC/104 compatible
> board. Does eCos support this board. I don't need to use all the
> features of the board. All I want to know is that is it possible to use
> the board with eCos in any way ??

Several of Arcom's boards have RedBoot ports (including the Vulcan) and
thus some level of eCos support.

Please contact sales@arcom.com for further technical sales questions.

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road           Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK         Web: http://www.arcom.com/