* Re: [ECOS] Modifying RedBoot to support multiple flash devices
@ 2006-03-10  4:44 yh
From: yh @ 2006-03-10  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: alealexs

Hello Alex,

I am looking for redboot to support Intel P3 and I took the snapshot, but
seems that the intel/stratav2 is empty. Where can I find the source code
for supporting P3?

Thanks.

Jim

@ 2006-03-14  3:17 yh
From: yh @ 2006-03-14  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss; +Cc: Alex Schuilenburg

Looks like I have to add a P30 support myself. It seems to me if we add
unlock block function call before erase block and before flash program,
the current J3 code should work for P30 as well. I am alsoAny comments
from experts out there?

Thanks.

Jim

@ 2006-03-08 19:21 Grant Mills
From: Grant Mills @ 2006-03-08 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Discussion

All,
    I am potentially going to be adding support to eCos/RedBoot to
support multiple flash types in the same executable.  The reason for
this is the desire to use the cheapest flash available at any given
time.  That potentially means bouncing between Intel, AMD/Spansion,
....  We currently support this in our products using custom boot
code.  We are looking to migrate to RedBoot.  For us this is a
requirement.

    First, I must ask this question, "Has this already been done or is
somebody in the process of doing this?"  Second, will the
configuration tool support something like this?  It would require the
ability to select an item to support multiple parts, which would
enable selecting multiple flash types/vendors.

    Looking forward to the replies.  Thanks in advance.

--
Grant Mills
gmills@ucsd.edu