* [ECOS] Interrupt or other trigger on serial connection?
@ 2006-08-24 15:52 Andre-John Mas
From: Andre-John Mas @ 2006-08-24 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I have been asked to display a message to the serial console when
a serial connection is established. What methods are available to
me to know that a serial connection has been established, so I can
display this message. Is there also something to let me know that
the serial connection has been closed, so I can log out any
administration sessions that had been opened?

I a using an Adder II based card, if that changes anything?

Andre

* Re: [ECOS] Interrupt or other trigger on serial connection?
@ 2006-08-24 19:46 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-08-24 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre-John Mas; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Andre-John Mas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been asked to display a message to the serial console when
> a serial connection is established. What methods are available to
> me to know that a serial connection has been established, so I can
> display this message. Is there also something to let me know that
> the serial connection has been closed, so I can log out any
> administration sessions that had been opened?
>
> I a using an Adder II based card, if that changes anything?

There's no standard for this.  The best you can do, if the hardware
device supports it, is detect certain OOB [control] signals which
are only asserted when something is connected & turned on.  On the
Adder, you might be able to do this, but only on the SCC port as
the SMC port does not have any handshake/control pins.