* [ECOS] USB 2.0 slave?
@ 2008-09-04 16:05 Slide
From: Slide @ 2008-09-04 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Has anyone looked at what needs to be done, if anything, to support
USB 2.0 in the USB slave package? I noticed that only 1.1 is currently
supported based on the defines for supported version

#define USB_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_USB11_LO           0x10
#define USB_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_USB11_HI            0x01

Would supporting 2.0 be as simple as adding another define for 2.0? I
am not intimately familiar with USB, but if there is anything I can do
to help, I would be interested as we are looking at using eCos for an
internal board we are developing.

Thanks,

slide

--
slide-o-blog
http://slide-o-blog.blogspot.com/

* Re: [ECOS] USB 2.0 slave?
@ 2008-09-04 16:23 ` Frank Pagliughi
From: Frank Pagliughi @ 2008-09-04 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Slide; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Slide wrote:
> Has anyone looked at what needs to be done, if anything, to support
> USB 2.0 in the USB slave package? I noticed that only 1.1 is currently
> supported based on the defines for supported version
>
> #define USB_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_USB11_LO           0x10
> #define USB_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_USB11_HI            0x01
>
> Would supporting 2.0 be as simple as adding another define for 2.0? I
> am not intimately familiar with USB, but if there is anything I can do
> to help, I would be interested as we are looking at using eCos for an
> internal board we are developing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> slide

Yes, if your hardware is 2.0 compatible, you can simply indicate that in
your device descriptor. (Yeah, we should probably add those constants to
the USB header). If it's a Full Speed device, that's probably all you
need to do. If it's a High Speed device you may have a little more work
to do to implement and/or debug the high speed enumeration. I don't
believe that any of the existing USB device drivers are for high speed
devices, so there may not be any implementation to negotiate into high
speed.

Frank