* [ECOS] eCos 3.0 planning update #1
@ 2008-10-01 13:33 John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2008-10-01 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

eCos community

In my previous e-mail regarding the planned eCos 3.0 release, I
mentioned support for more recent GNU toolchain components. eCosCentric
is intending to contribute pre-built versions of GNU toolchains
incorporating GCC 4.3.x for most of the major architectures represented
in the eCos public repository. However, there have been some significant
architecture-specific issues to work through regarding both code
generation and debug reliability. To ensure the most up-to-date release,
branching for eCos 3.0 has been delayed until these toolchain issues are
fully resolved and we are ready to verify eCos architectural support. I
now anticipate that the branch will be created later this month.

On behalf of all the eCos maintainers, thank you for the many patches
and new eCos packages which have been contributed recently.

John Dallaway
eCos 3.0 release manager

* Re: [ECOS] eCos 3.0 planning update #1
@ 2008-10-01 19:41 ` Ilija Kocho
From: Ilija Kocho @ 2008-10-01 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Dallaway; +Cc: ecos-discuss

John Dallaway wrote:
> eCos community
>
> eCosCentric is intending to contribute pre-built versions of GNU
> toolchains incorporating GCC 4.3.x for most of the major architectures
> represented in the eCos public repository. However, there have been
> some significant architecture-specific issues to work through
> regarding both code generation and debug reliability. To ensure the
> most up-to-date release, branching for eCos 3.0 has been delayed until
> these toolchain issues are fully resolved and we are ready to verify
> eCos architectural support. I now anticipate that the branch will be
> created later this month.

This is good news. What about putting early release (beta/RC) for test
by community? May get valuable feed-back.

> On behalf of all the eCos maintainers, thank you for the many patches
> and new eCos packages which have been contributed recently.

New tool chain may also require new patches. One more reason for early
release.
To try Tools against eCos as well as eCos against tool chain.