* [ECOS] Alpha release eCos NAND Flash, eCos YAFFS
@ 2008-11-28  8:02 Rutger Hofman
       [not found] ` <20081130105317.GH27015@lunn.ch>
From: Rutger Hofman @ 2008-11-28  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Patches List, eCos Discuss List

Last time I visited a conference, everybody spoke about 'Release early,
release often'.

Here comes an alpha release of the eCos NAND Flash library and the eCos
YAFFS wrapper library (r536 of our repository).

To note:
- documentation in packages/io/flash_nand/current/doc/ and
packages/fs/yaffs/current/doc/
- it has been tested on a BlackFin with on-board NAND Flash controller,
and one ST-Micro chip;
- it has survived some long tests on the YAFFS file system;
- if you want to use it, you will need to implement the device-specific
code for your NAND Flash controller. I bundle a template for such a
device that uses GPIO pins (packages/devs/flash/nfc_gpio); you will also
need to generate a little bit of NAND chip-specific code;
- a recent YAFFS checkout is bundled too in the tar; if this is
converted into a regular eCos package, the YAFFS code proper will go so
users must download YAFFS code separately. Cause: licensing issues;
- the code still has many debug prints (diag_printf) which will have to
go in beta or stable releases

Download:
ecos.db append:
    http://www.cs.vu.nl/~rutger/software/nand-flash/ecos.db-append