* [ECOS] FAT32 and SD card support on Redboot.
@ 2009-03-10 19:44 joseph biswal
From: joseph biswal @ 2009-03-10 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi, All;

I am trying to configure my Redboot for  FAT filesystem support.
I am also trying to incorporate the minimal SDHC driver with the  code
in packages/devs/flash/arm/mxc/current/src.
I am trying to enable the cdl options in the ecos.ecc file but i had
little success with it as of now.   The thing is i generate the .ecc
file from a minimal .ECM file in Redboot source. I have been misled by
conflicting approaches posted on the net.

Does anyone have any hints on as to how to do that?

Thanks,
Munro.

* [ECOS] Re: FAT32 and SD card support on Redboot.
@ 2009-03-11 19:04 ` joseph biswal
From: joseph biswal @ 2009-03-11 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

Does anybody have an idea on as to whether or not Redboot supporting
FAT32. I am unable to modify the .ecc file to get the CDL flags
enabled for SDHC and CYGPKG_REDBOOT_DISK but i am unable figure out
the dependency tree for each of them . If anybody has quick hints on
it, it would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Joseph.

* RE: [ECOS] Re: FAT32 and SD card support on Redboot.
@ 2009-03-11 20:02   ` Chris Zimman
From: Chris Zimman @ 2009-03-11 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joseph biswal, ecos-discuss

> Does anybody have an idea on as to whether or not Redboot supporting
> FAT32. I am unable to modify the .ecc file to get the CDL flags
> enabled for SDHC and CYGPKG_REDBOOT_DISK but i am unable figure out
> the dependency tree for each of them . If anybody has quick hints on
> it, it would be great.

The eCos FAT driver supports FAT32.  If you use 'ecosconfig' to configure
your tree, it should help you with getting the dependencies sorted out.

Thanks

--Chris

* Re: [ECOS] Re: FAT32 and SD card support on Redboot.
@ 2009-03-11 21:11     ` Andy Jackson
From: Andy Jackson @ 2009-03-11 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Zimman; +Cc: joseph biswal, ecos-discuss

Chris Zimman wrote:
>> Does anybody have an idea on as to whether or not Redboot supporting
>> FAT32. I am unable to modify the .ecc file to get the CDL flags
>> enabled for SDHC and CYGPKG_REDBOOT_DISK but i am unable figure out
>> the dependency tree for each of them . If anybody has quick hints on
>> it, it would be great.
>>

> The eCos FAT driver supports FAT32.  If you use 'ecosconfig' to configure
> your tree, it should help you with getting the dependencies sorted out.

Last time I tried to do this (maybe 2 years ago), this is what worked
for me:

1. Make sure that you have a version of the CVS Redboot code later than
July 20 2006 s the range of disk handling commands was extended by the
checkin that day (fs xxx commands)

1. Ignore the Redboot native disk support (don't enable
CYGPKG_REDBOOT_DISK)  as this doesn't provide FAT support despite
appearing to at first glance. In fact you can get as far as being able
to identify a disk as FAT formatted (with the disks command), but no
further.

2. Instead, enable the file I/O support (CYGPKG_REDBOOT_FILEIO)

3. Add all the other bits that this requires (disk devices, block I/O,
linux compat layer, FAT filesystem, POSIX file I/O compat layer etc)

4. Build

5. At the Redboot prompt use something like:

fs mount -d /dev/disk0/1 -t fatfs        // where disk should be
replaced by the device being used

Hope this is still correct,

    Andy

* Re: [ECOS] Re: FAT32 and SD card support on Redboot.
@ 2009-03-12 15:04     ` joseph biswal
From: joseph biswal @ 2009-03-12 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Zimman; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Thanks!
What i intend to do is either change the cdl values in the .ecm file i
am importing or change the generated file i.e .ecc. But the former
seems simpler, but the issue is haven't digged up to see what is the
difference between "user_value" and inferred value".

Regards,
Munro.

@ 2009-03-12 16:06       ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-03-12 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joseph biswal; +Cc: Chris Zimman, ecos-discuss

joseph biswal wrote:
> Thanks!
> What i intend to do is either change the cdl values in the .ecm file i
> am importing or change the generated file i.e .ecc. But the former
> seems simpler, but the issue is haven't digged up to see what is the
> difference between "user_value" and inferred value".

If you want to change a value, uncomment 'user_value' and modify it.
Don't forget to run 'ecosconfig tree' afterwards (that's what makes
the change take effect)

You can't change 'inferred_value's as they are just that; inferred
from other requirements.