From: Alex Schuilenburg <alexs@ecoscentric.com>
To: Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic@gmail.com>
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Re: request
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 2011-03-25 14:55, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2011-03-25, Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've always found that this dinosaur eCos CVS is a bit embarrassing.
>> Are there initiatives to switch to git ?
> Switching to mercurial or git has been discussed a couple times in the
> past.  I think everybody agrees it's a good idea -- it's mainly a
> question of somebody stepping up to do the work.

The majority of the work has already been done, and the decision to use
mercurial over git has already been made by the eCos maintainers some
time ago.  I believe the only work outstanding is to update the
documentation and then to start publishing the hg repository on sourceware.

In the meantime, the eCos repository is already published in hg form at
https://hg-pub.ecoscentric.com/ecos/

As for the discussion and choice of hg over git, just search the
ecos-discuss archives...

-- Alex Schuilenburg

Managing Director/CEO                                eCosCentric Limited
Tel:  +44 1223 245571                     Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive
Fax:  +44 1223 248712                             Cambridge, CB5 8UU, UK
www.ecoscentric.com             Reg in England and Wales, Reg No 4422071

     ***  Visit us at NEW:UK   The NEC Pavilion, Birmingham  ***
     ***  12-13 April 2011     http://www.new-expo.co.uk     ***