* [ECOS] eCos on the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer
@ 2011-05-21  7:11 Paul Beskeen
From: Paul Beskeen @ 2011-05-21  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi Folks,

Thought some of you might be interested to hear about a small $1.5
billion dollar scientific experiment that uses eCos. The final mission
of the Space Shuttle Endeavour lifted the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer
cosmic ray detector up to its home on the International Space Station.
eCos is used in its main data acquisition and control computers.

You can read about it in this article.
http://www.ecoscentric.com/news/press-110519.shtml

The project has been in gestation for a long time. They started work
using a Red Hat eCos release back in circa 2001-2. So kudos to all the
eCos old-timers from the Red Hat days - Alex, Bart, Daniel, Gary, Jifl,
John, Mark and Nick. There's a bit of you orbiting the earth every 90
minutes or so.

Cheers, Paul.
--
Paul Beskeen, Chairman & Director of Engineering
http://www.ecoscentric.com/

* Re: [ECOS] eCos on the Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer
@ 2011-05-23  9:59 ` Ilija Kocho
From: Ilija Kocho @ 2011-05-23  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Cheers Paul

Would be nice if such news (or links to) regarding (free) eCos get
posted also in ecos.sourceware.org news.

Btw. have you been able to take a picture?

Regards
Ilija

@ 2011-05-23 22:44   ` Paul Beskeen
From: Paul Beskeen @ 2011-05-23 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ilija Kocho; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hi Ilija,

On 21/05/2011 08:11, Ilija Kocho wrote:
> > Cheers Paul
> >
> > Would be nice if such news (or links to) regarding (free) eCos get
> > posted also in ecos.sourceware.org news.
> >
> > Btw. have you been able to take a picture?

A little off topic maybe :), but yes I have been able to image the ISS,
though the quality is nothing to write home about. Unfortunately and
annoyingly there are no visible passes at my location until June so I
will not be able to image Endeavour together with the ISS.

Paul.