* [ECOS] Flash memory not accessible via Redboot on Kinetis TWR_K60N512_KIT
@ 2012-02-07  7:06 Nicolas Aujoux
From: Nicolas Aujoux @ 2012-02-07  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi list,

I am currently working on a Kinetis k60N512 tower kit. I built a
Redboot image with Ethernet support and load it via CodeWarrior. I
have access to Redboot via both serial link or telnet but the mapping
doesn’t show any flash memory so I can only load images into the Ram
memory.

What would be needed to be able to flash code with the redboot
interface into the flash memory?

Thanks for your help,

Nicolas

* Re: [ECOS] Flash memory not accessible via Redboot on Kinetis TWR_K60N512_KIT
@ 2012-02-07 10:45 ` Ilija Kocho
From: Ilija Kocho @ 2012-02-07 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi Nicolas

Kinetis Flash (FTF) is not yet supported by eCos.
To answer your question: In order to be able to flash code from Redboot
we need a Flash driver for Kinetis FTF.

Ilija

@ 2012-02-07 10:51   ` Ilija Kocho
From: Ilija Kocho @ 2012-02-07 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 07.02.2012 11:44, Ilija Kocho wrote:
> Hi Nicolas
>
> Kinetis Flash (FTF) is not yet supported by eCos.

Correction it should say FTFL.

@ 2012-02-07 12:00   ` Tomas Frydrych
From: Tomas Frydrych @ 2012-02-07 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 07/02/12 10:44, Ilija Kocho wrote:
> Hi Nicolas
>
> Kinetis Flash (FTF) is not yet supported by eCos.
> To answer your question: In order to be able to flash code from Redboot
> we need a Flash driver for Kinetis FTF.

It's not a particularly big task I think; the kinetis FTFL driver in
openocd is under 600LOC of generously spaced code.

Tomas

@ 2012-02-07 21:04     ` Ilija Kocho
From: Ilija Kocho @ 2012-02-07 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomas Frydrych; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 07.02.2012 13:00, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> On 07/02/12 10:44, Ilija Kocho wrote:
>> Hi Nicolas
>>
>> Kinetis Flash (FTF) is not yet supported by eCos.
>> To answer your question: In order to be able to flash code from Redboot
>> we need a Flash driver for Kinetis FTF.
> It's not a particularly big task I think; the kinetis FTFL driver in
> openocd is under 600LOC of generously spaced code.

We should be careful openocd code in eCos since it is pure GPL. It can
be used, but only for open source applications. That being said, openocd
code can't be accepted in the eCos repository.

Ilija

@ 2012-02-08  8:52       ` Nicolas Aujoux
From: Nicolas Aujoux @ 2012-02-08  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ilija Kocho; +Cc: Tomas Frydrych, ecos-discuss

Thanks Ilija and Tomas for your answers,

I will look at the existing code already implemented for other
freescale platforms in eCos and try to write a driver for the flash
memory of the k60.
I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Nicolas Aujoux

@ 2012-02-08  9:09         ` Ilija Kocho
From: Ilija Kocho @ 2012-02-08  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Aujoux; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 08.02.2012 09:51, Nicolas Aujoux wrote:
> Thanks Ilija and Tomas for your answers,
>
> I will look at the existing code already implemented for other
> freescale platforms in eCos and try to write a driver for the flash
> memory of the k60.
> I'll keep you posted.

That's fine. Please note that you can find some Freescale targets under
Motorola name.

Ilija