* Re: [ECOS] MPC860 - hal_arbitration_isr_cpm
@ 2003-12-19  6:04 nprasad3
From: nprasad3 @ 2003-12-19  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
> > 1. I keep getting interrupt # 10 (control makes it to
> > cyg_hal_default_isr). Nothing is attached to IRQ5# as that
> > line is supposed to cause this interrupt.
eCos vector numbers start from 1 as opposed to 0 which is what the MPC860 documentation uses. interrupt #10 was 9 (internal level 4 used by PIT so that was correct). Any specific reason why the vector #'s in eCos don't co-incide with the 860 docs?

An unrelated problem, does return to redboot after executing a Ram application work? My application terminates but I never see the redboot prompt.

Thanks in advance
Nirmal

* Re: [ECOS] MPC860 - hal_arbitration_isr_cpm
@ 2003-12-18 16:38 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2003-12-18 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nprasad3; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 07:13, nprasad3@gmu.edu wrote:
> The problem was traced down to some faulty intr_attach
> which was causing hal_arbitration_isr_cpm to be called
> for non-cpm interrupt. Still have some issues with interrupts though.
>
> 1. I keep getting interrupt # 10 (control makes it to
> cyg_hal_default_isr). Nothing is attached to IRQ5# as that
> line is supposed to cause this interrupt. I'm trying to
> locate the cause of this spurious interrupt. Interrupt
> keeps coming at a rapid pace.Most likely a level-triggered
> one and source needs to be satisfied to bring the line down.
> 2. As a consequence, if I use the seperate stack to handle i
> nterrupts option, I get a machine check exception after
> about 10-15 times that it handles the interrupt. Using the
> common stack, things last longer.
> 3. The cyghal_default_interrupt_vsr and cyghal_default_exception_vsr
> handlers have enable_mmu (doesn't really change MMU bits as it uses
> CYG_MSR whose bits are conditional) but shouldn't this be in a conditional
> based on whether MMU is to be turned on?

No, because that code (misnamed/miscommented) also [re]enables
the FPU as well.

> Thanks
> Nirmal

Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates

* Re: [ECOS] MPC860 - hal_arbitration_isr_cpm
@ 2003-12-18 14:19 nprasad3
From: nprasad3 @ 2003-12-18 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

The problem was traced down to some faulty intr_attach which was causing hal_arbitration_isr_cpm to be called for non-cpm interrupt. Still have some issues with interrupts though.

1. I keep getting interrupt # 10 (control makes it to cyg_hal_default_isr). Nothing is attached to IRQ5# as that line is supposed to cause this interrupt. I'm trying to locate the cause of this spurious interrupt. Interrupt keeps coming at a rapid pace.Most likely a level-triggered one and source needs to be satisfied to bring the line down.

@ 2003-12-17  8:58 nprasad3