* [ECOS] Anyone using JFFS2 successfully
@ 2002-06-17 10:55 Tim Dieterman
From: Tim Dieterman @ 2002-06-17 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I am wondering if anyone is using JFFS2 from the version 1.3.1 tree and if there
are any problems.  Is the 2.0 code any better?

I have run/modified the test code. I can create/copy/compare some short files
but, when I enable the "churning" for loop, I get through about 80 iteratations,
then I seem to run out of memory - memory leak?  If it continues to run, I start
getting "no space on device".  I know there is a disclaimer about garbage
collection not quite up to snuff in this version.

Inter-Tel -- Your Connection to the Future
http://www.inter-tel.com

* Re: [ECOS] Anyone using JFFS2 successfully
@ 2002-06-18  7:28 ` Peter Graf
From: Peter Graf @ 2002-06-18  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi Tim,

>I am wondering if anyone is using JFFS2 from the version 1.3.1 tree and if
>there
>are any problems.  Is the 2.0 code any better?
>
>I have run/modified the test code. I can create/copy/compare some short files
>but, when I enable the "churning" for loop, I get through about 80
>iteratations,
>then I seem to run out of memory - memory leak?  If it continues to run, I
>start
>getting "no space on device".  I know there is a disclaimer about garbage
>collection not quite up to snuff in this version.

I didn't experience the memory leak, but also had the "no space on device"
problem.
I could however "work" with a previously under Linux created image from a
specific mkfs.jffs2 version.
But only as a ROM. Target: SH3, Big endian, AMD 16bit Flash. That was about
6 months ago, and I also tried several days to debug this, but don't
remember the details.

Bye, Peter