From: Valentin BOUSSON <ml-ecos@belphegor.eu>
To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: [ECOS] Specific needs on stm32
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi all, I'm fresh and new on this mailing list,
and in the world of real embedded systems, actually.

I bought a STM32F4 - DISCOVERY board to play with, and I succeeded to
compile and run a lot of simple, led / LCD / audio project I found
online. I was using the Sourcery arm compile chain for that.

But my next ambition is little harder, I would like to adapt one of my
existing program, based on a plugin-mechanism, on my stm32. So, I was
looking for an RTOS being able to manage a simple system, in the Flash
memory, or in an external SD card.

I tried to set up the compilation environnement described in the big pdf
describing eCos, and on the Download & Installation section on the
website, I tried all the day, without any result.
Do you have some good links / tuto / advices to share ?

My questions are :
Is it possible to use the compilation chain generated by
summon-arm-toolchain, to compile eCos itself ?

What about the programs I would like to run on top of eCos ?

If I store my programs in the Flash, how can I reprogram the flash to
change only the program, and not the kernel ?

IYO, is eCOS the best OS to choose for my project ? // Are its dynamic

Thank you by advance :)
Valentin B