From: John Dallaway <john@dallaway.org.uk>
To: "Claus Lensbøl" <cmol@cmol.dk>
Cc: eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss@sourceware.org>
Subject: [ECOS] Re: Error compilling synth target
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 13:48:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Claus

On 22/04/15 18:50, Claus Lensbøl wrote:

> I'm trying to compile a synth target with eCos.
> I downloaded using the tcl-script, and are running the configtool to
> select the target.
> I have set CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX to empty, to use the system
> stack, however I cannot get it to compile due to "loss of precision"
> errors. If I add -fpermissive to the compile I get further but end up
> with a lot of:

> /opt/ecos/ecos-3.0/packages/hal/synth/i386linux/v3_0/src/syscall-i386-linux-1.0.S:387:
> Error: operand type mismatch for `push'

[ snip ]

> I'm running on a ubuntu 14.10 system wit gcc:
>
> gcc -v
> Using built-in specs.
> COLLECT_GCC=gcc
> COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.9/lto-wrapper
> Target: x86_64-linux-gnu

[ snip]

The eCos synthetic (linux) target does not support 64-bit compilation at
present. Try adding the "-m32" switch to the following eCos
configuration options:

  CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS
  CYGBLD_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS

in order to force 32-bit compilation and linking on your 64-bit Linux host.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer
http://www.dallaway.org.uk/john