* [ECOS] Real Time Clock
@ 2015-12-17 10:32 Privat
From: Privat @ 2015-12-17 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Dear Ecos Developers and Maintainers,

i have a question regarding the real time clock.
I have a FreeSacle which runs at 116 Mhz, which means  i have 1 000 000
000  ns / 116 000 000  or 8ns per cycle.

I set the dividend to 1000, and the divisor to 116 which following the
documentation (http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-2.0/ref/kernel-clocks.html)
 - should always yield the ratio of ns between clock ticks.
Unfortunatly that does not result in correct values.

Strange as it sounds, the default works near perfect.
But reading the realtime clock resolution i got a dividend 1000000000
and a divisor of 1000 - which would be correct for a 100 Hz processor.

Any help or advice is welcome. I would also like to know, how the system
is able to derive its own cyclerate.

Regards Picasso

* [ECOS] Real Time Clock
@ 2003-10-23 11:42 James Yates
From: James Yates @ 2003-10-23 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ecos Discuss (E-mail)

I have a platform which when boots, copies code that was placed to be run from RAM, from a flash device to the correct location in RAM. The VBR is then modified correctly and a jump is made to the first address contained in the first entry of the vector table.

The app I have built which I store in flash is a simple eCos app consisting of 2 threads and I am trying to get timeslicing working. I am a bit unsure of the build options I should set since although this is running from RAM it is not running through a debug stub or rom monitor.

Should I disable all ROM Monitor Support in this case and link it as if it was to be placed in ROM but modify the corresponding memory layouts to actualy place it in RAM? This is a bit of a special scenario for eCos but unfortunately I have to build it this way.
I seem to get an exception when the scheduler is started, I think the RTC is getting an interrupt but the VSR doesn't have an entry in. So when the interrupt happens, it atempts to jump to a routine that doesn't exist. Provided the HAL_CLOCK_INITIALIZE, HAL_CLOCK_RESET, HAL_CLOCK_VAR_INITIALIZE and HAL_CLOCK_READ macros are valid, should the realtime clock code in the kernel handle everything else for me or do I need to make any special calls to setup the RTC isr?

	Many Thanks in advance.

		James Yates