From: Gordy Perkins <goperkins@minnetronix.com>
To: ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: RE: [ECOS] Re: TCP/IP Stack for eCos.
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 09:50:00 -0000	[thread overview]

As an attendee at the recent Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose,
it's incredibly obvious that TCP/IP and capabilities like SNMP are of
the highest importance - not another CPU port like SPARC. TCP/IP would
increase the attractiveness of ECOS, therefore the *value* of future
ports. Scenix (the Microchip competitor) had a PPP, TCP/IP and SMTP/HTTP
demo - that's on a $3, 8-bit microcontroller. Someone at Cygnus ought to
raise the priority to make sure ECOS has this critical feature ASAP.