* Re: [ECOS] and another thing ..
@ 2007-02-22  3:52 Laurie.Gellatly
From: Laurie.Gellatly @ 2007-02-22  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck McManis, ECOS Discussion Group

Using configtool, if you DON'T config to build Redboot, then libtarget gets
built instead.
I have a redboot.ecc and a mydev.ecc.
mydev.ecc has the libtarget in it and all the ecos packages my device needs.
Its also setup to 'Work with a rom monitor' as redboot is used to load and
run my app.
You can use GDB with a remote target to connect to redboot and load/debug
your app.

...Laurie:{)

From: Chuck McManis @ 2007-02-22  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurie.Gellatly, Chuck McManis, ECOS Discussion Group

At 07:52 PM 2/21/2007, Laurie.Gellatly wrote:

>Using configtool, if you DON'T config to build Redboot, then libtarget gets
>built instead.

Yes, this I am familiar with. I've got a directory (redboot-epia that
builds redboot and a directory epia-ecos that builds libtarget.a. And by
setting CFLAGS I can in fact have it build -g. So that is all good.

Another bit of information is that watching my DHCP logs I see that when
the program starts DHCP is getting the request for an IP address and it
"offers" 192.168.110.123. (the mac actually changes so its not confused by
this, in my redboot setup I was pre-setting the mac, hmmm I could try that
here too)

But what seems to be happening is that it responds with the offer and the
target board doesn't see it. This is reminescent of an earlier problem I
had with redboot and DHCP/BOOTP but I fixed it there and it seems to be
here. Almost like my nic card is not seeing any received packets.

Hmm, back to the painful printf process it looks like. I can actually
attach to the board through the terminal server to the serial port (9600
baud max, its an old terminal server) but the server cannot deal with gdb
slamming so much data through it, it gets corrupted packets.

Thanks for the response though! I'll keep plugging away

--Chuck

* RE: [ECOS] and another thing ..
@ 2007-02-22  6:50   ` Laurie Gellatly
From: Laurie Gellatly @ 2007-02-22  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck McManis, ECOS Discussion Group

Have you set the ethernet chip to receive boradcasts as well as unicasts or
any
other such filtering?

From: Chuck McManis @ 2007-02-22  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ECOS Discussion Group; +Cc: Laurie.Gellatly

@ 2007-02-22  4:21 Laurie.Gellatly

> At 07:52 PM 2/21/2007, Laurie.Gellatly wrote:
>
> &gt;Using configtool, if you DON'T config to build Redboot, then libtarget
gets
> &gt;built instead.
>

> Yes, this I am familiar with. I've got a directory (redboot-epia that
> builds redboot and a directory epia-ecos that builds libtarget.a. And by
> setting CFLAGS I can in fact have it build -g. So that is all good.
>
> Another bit of information is that watching my DHCP logs I see that when
> the program starts DHCP is getting the request for an IP address and it
> &quot;offers&quot; 192.168.110.123. (the mac actually changes so its not
confused by
> this, in my redboot setup I was pre-setting the mac, hmmm I could try that

> here too)
>
> But what seems to be happening is that it responds with the offer and the
> target board doesn't see it. This is reminescent of an earlier problem I
> had with redboot and DHCP/BOOTP but I fixed it there and it seems to be
> here. Almost like my nic card is not seeing any received packets.
>
> Hmm, back to the painful printf process it looks like. I can actually
> attach to the board through the terminal server to the serial port (9600
> baud max, its an old terminal server) but the server cannot deal with gdb
> slamming so much data through it, it gets corrupted packets.
>
> Thanks for the response though! I'll keep plugging away
>
> --Chuck
>

> --

* [ECOS] and another thing ..
@ 2007-02-22  3:46 Chuck McManis