* RE: [ECOS] eCos API
@ 2001-04-19  1:01 Nielsen Linus
From: Nielsen Linus @ 2001-04-19  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

>       Hi, many RTOS e.g. WinCE, Paml, etc. allow user to use
> it's API to
> develop applications and download it to it's system. Now I
> want to support
> it. but don't know how to do it.

As far as I know there is no support for dynamic loading of
applications in eCOS.

(But I do think it's kind of unfair to call WinCE and PalmOS
RTOS'es. They do not play in the same league as eCOS, and are
not targetted at the same type of applications. They could
surely be called "embedded OS" but certainly not RTOS.)

I an earlier project, not with eCOS though, we developed a
separate API that wrapped the OS functionality using a
jump table on a fixed address. Using that, we could load
applications on the fly that called our functions via the
jump table.

/Linus

* [ECOS] eCos API
@ 2001-04-18 21:00 james chen
From: james chen @ 2001-04-18 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

      Hi, many RTOS e.g. WinCE, Paml, etc. allow user to use it's API to
develop applications and download it to it's system. Now I want to support
it. but don't know how to do it.  in eCos install/lib directory, there are
two libraries. but it is used to link whole system. if we use it to link
user applications, the applications is very large and we will have many eCos
Kernels in platform, and it will won't run correctly( I think so :-) ). so
another library is needed, this library only contains C library API and
kernel API(not the kernel core). Will anyone tell me how to do it? thanks in
advance.

Regards,
james chen