* [ECOS] Linker problems when trying to upgrade gcc
@ 2009-10-13 11:22 Øyvind Harboe
From: Øyvind Harboe @ 2009-10-13 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Disuss

I tried to upgrade to gcc 4.x and got lots of these error messages
during linking:

install/include/cyg/libc/time/time.inl:210: multiple definition of
`cyg_libc_time_setzoneoffsets'

Does it ring any bells?

This was with an arm-elf toolchain.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html

* [ECOS] Solid State IDE (again!)
@ 2009-10-13 15:28 ` Jim Bradleigh
From: Jim Bradleigh @ 2009-10-13 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Disuss

Hi,

I`ve been looking more into my redboot IDE issues and still can`t find what I`m doing wrong (the fact that I can`t debug redboot on a i386 platform is fustrating too..)

If redboot is built without "disk device drivers" (CYGPKG_IO_DISK) I see the "IDE failed to identify unit ..." and if I add in that support it hangs without any errors (flashing prompt) when it loads..

Can redboot understand IDE's that use CHS access modes? Thats what the "DiskOnModule" is showing as its access method..

Are there any fields I should modify to get it to work? (aka CYGDAT_DEVS_DISK_IDE_SECTOR_SIZE = 512)

Anyone any other idea's? Btw.. redboot is launched from the solid state drive via GRUB, so everything appears ok except redboots acceptance of the solid state drive..

Thanks,

Jim

* Re: [ECOS] Solid State IDE (again!)
@ 2009-10-13 15:48   ` Jim Bradleigh
From: Jim Bradleigh @ 2009-10-13 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Disuss

Hi,

Its the usual case, hours of searching and I find the issue 5 minutes after posting on the mailing list..

It appears that I need the "DiskOnModule" on IDE channel 0 as master.. (which was the usual place a linux IDE drive lived, which I just disconnected when booting into grub/redboot)

Apart from the "IDE failed to identify unit ..." message I can mount and use it :)

Jim

I`ve been looking more into my redboot IDE issues and still can`t find what I`m doing wrong (the fact that I can`t debug redboot on a i386 platform is fustrating too..)

If redboot is built without "disk device drivers" (CYGPKG_IO_DISK) I see the "IDE failed to identify unit ..." and if I add in that support it hangs without any errors (flashing prompt) when it loads..

Can redboot understand IDE's that use CHS access modes? Thats what the "DiskOnModule" is showing as its access method..

Are there any fields I should modify to get it to work? (aka CYGDAT_DEVS_DISK_IDE_SECTOR_SIZE = 512)

Anyone any other idea's? Btw.. redboot is launched from the solid state drive via GRUB, so everything appears ok except redboots acceptance of the solid state drive..

Thanks,

Jim

* [ECOS] Attempt to load ELF data xxx which is not valid..
@ 2009-10-13 16:33     ` Jim Bradleigh
From: Jim Bradleigh @ 2009-10-13 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos Disuss

Hi,

I`m trying to find out how I change the location at which my executable is loaded by redboot..

When I do a 'load -mode file /hdisk/main.elf' I get the following error..

"*** Abort! Attempt to load ELF data to address : 0x001080000 which is not valid"

I realise that this address is inside my redboot area, and thus it cannot be used.. I can`t just '-b 0x001090000' the code to some other address as eCos application's doesn`t support relocation

How do I change this address? I can`t find options in the config tool or any info on the mailing list..

Thanks,

Jim.

* Re: [ECOS] Attempt to load ELF data xxx which is not valid..
@ 2009-10-13 16:38       ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-10-13 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Bradleigh; +Cc: eCos Disuss

On 10/13/2009 10:33 AM, Jim Bradleigh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I`m trying to find out how I change the location at which my executable is loaded by redboot..
>
> When I do a 'load -mode file /hdisk/main.elf' I get the following error..
>
> "*** Abort! Attempt to load ELF data to address : 0x001080000 which is not valid"
>
> I realise that this address is inside my redboot area, and thus it cannot be used.. I can`t just '-b 0x001090000' the code to some other address as eCos application's doesn`t support relocation
>
> How do I change this address? I can`t find options in the config tool or any info on the mailing list..

What kind of application is '/hdisk/main.elf'?
If it's eCos, look at the mlt files for the RAM startup.

* Re: [ECOS] Attempt to load ELF data xxx which is not valid..
@ 2009-10-13 16:43       ` David Brennan
From: David Brennan @ 2009-10-13 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Bradleigh; +Cc: eCos Disuss

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Jim Bradleigh
<jim.bradleigh1@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I`m trying to find out how I change the location at which my executable is loaded by redboot..
>
> When I do a 'load -mode file /hdisk/main.elf' I get the following error..
>
> "*** Abort! Attempt to load ELF data to address : 0x001080000 which is not valid"
>
> I realise that this address is inside my redboot area, and thus it cannot be used.. I can`t just '-b 0x001090000' the code to some other address as eCos application's doesn`t support relocation
>
> How do I change this address? I can`t find options in the config tool or any info on the mailing list..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim.

http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2004-08/msg00031.html

I think your problem has been solved before.
David