* [ECOS] Interrupts ?
@ 2003-09-01  7:10 Matthieu.GIRARDIN
From: Matthieu.GIRARDIN @ 2003-09-01  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello world !

A question from a newbie on the eCos interrupts system :

You can see just under a very little source code in order to test eCos
interrupts on my Linux (Synthetic Target).
1) Is it correct ? I believe and it compiled without any problem.
2) Can I launch next an interrupt to the eCos process under Linux with a
"kill -s 1 ecos_pid" whee ecos_pid is the pid of this process eCos ?
3) Can I use any signal Linux for this application ? What are the eCos
vectors ?

Thanks a lot by advance.
It's my first try on interrupts, so please explain me and sorry if it's to
simple for you ;-) !
Thanks !

Matthieu

* Re: [ECOS] Interrupts ???
@ 2002-10-07 14:07 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2002-10-07 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cusson, Pascal; +Cc: Patrick Doyle, 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 14:45, Cusson, Pascal wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>    I just tested your version. Unfortunately I still run in the same problem.
> When an interrupt occurs, my ecos crashes.

Most likely this happens if your ISR or DSR are not disabling the
interrupt while it's being processed.  Can you tell if the ISR runs?
If so, does the DSR run?

[sorry if these are repeated questions; I was out of town last week
and didn't really keep close tabs on this mailing list]

> One thing I noticed, even though I include the file var_intr.h is included, my
> compiler still does not recognize the defines of that file.

Note: you should never include "var_intr.h" directly.  The appropriate
version will be included when you include <cyg/hal/hal_intr.h>

> Do I need to include something else to use interrupts other than cyg/hal/kapi.h
> as stated in the manual ?

Gary Thomas                  |
eCosCentric, Ltd.            |
+1 (970) 229-1963            |  eCos & RedBoot experts
gthomas@ecoscentric.com      |
http://www.ecoscentric.com/  |

* [ECOS] Interrupts ???
@ 2002-10-07 13:45 Cusson, Pascal