* Re: [ECOS] arm cortex A9 supported by redboo
       [not found] <tencent_6B2D74E616B9208C670F6078@qq.com>
@ 2012-01-04 16:08 ` satish kumar
From: satish kumar @ 2012-01-04 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi
where I can get redboot source code  which will be used for embedded linux.
means I want to use redboot code only not ecos.
Is it possible or not ?
If possible where I will get the redboot source code which supports
for embedded linux.

I am getting the redboot source code from CVS from following link with ECOS Os
http://sources.redhat.com/redboot/

But I need it to use redboot source code with embedded linux
Is it possible or not If possible where I will  get the REDBOOT source
code (only)

Can you reply me asap

Thanks in advance
--Satish.G

2012/1/3 Galileo`s <liujian883@qq.com>:
> will you port eCos to pandaboard?it`s a A9 SMP board.

* [ECOS] Re: arm cortex A9 supported by redboo
@ 2012-01-04 17:07   ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2012-01-04 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html
http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html
http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/?cvsroot=ecos

> means I want to use redboot code only not ecos.

RedBoot is part of eCos.  Specifically it's one of the things you can
build from the eCos source tree.  RedBoot is built using the same
board support files and source tree that are used to build a
multitasking eCos kernel.

> Is it possible or not?

I suppose you could figure out which files are not used to build
RedBoot and delete them, but I don't really see the point.

> If possible where I will get the redboot source code which supports
> for embedded linux.

Either from the links above or from the board vendor that provided
the RedBoot binary.

> I am getting the redboot source code from CVS from following link
> with ECOS Os http://sources.redhat.com/redboot/

That's the place.

> But I need it to use redboot source code with embedded linux.

AFAIK, the RedBoot source code from the CVS supports booting Linux.

> Is it possible or not If possible where I will get the REDBOOT source
> code (only)

I don't know of anywhere you can get a source tree that builds RedBoot
only.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I want you to MEMORIZE
                                  at               the collected poems of

* Re: [ECOS] arm cortex A9 supported by redboo
@ 2012-01-04 18:39   ` satish kumar
From: satish kumar @ 2012-01-04 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi

To port Redboot for platform it needs  hal/cpu directory  but code I
got from CVS does nt have any hal/cpu directory.
can you pls provide source code of ported redboot to any arm core
version which is having hal/cpu directory so that I can modify the
hal/cpu directory as of my requiremenet.

Thanks in advance
--satish.G

@ 2012-01-05 14:39     ` Lambrecht Jürgen
From: Lambrecht Jürgen @ 2012-01-05 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'satish kumar', ecos-discuss

Hi Satish,

Redboot and eCos are tightly integrated, they both use the same hal/cpu directory: ecos/packages/hal/arm/...
And the redboot sources are in ecos/packages/redboot
Redboot is a sort of ecos application without actually using the ecos kernel.

So you will have to download all the ecos sources.

We moved from redboot to barebox as bootloader for linux. Barebox is a good choice for embedded linux bootloader (barebox is very similar to linux, so a good bootloader for linux; and redboot for ecos; of course, redboot is flexible to boot both).

Regards,
Jürgen

@ 2012-01-02 17:53 satish kumar