* [ECOS] BOOTP with BSD Stack
@ 2007-03-21  0:27 Jay Foster
From: Jay Foster @ 2007-03-21  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org'

I have been having problems getting BOOTP to work using the BSD IP stack.
After perusing the code source, I discovered that there is a conditional
compile statement (BOOTP_COMPAT) that prevents BOOTP from working.  If I
define BOOTP_COMPAT, then BOOTP works.

Why is the conditional compile there, and why is there no CDL to enable it?

Jay

* RE: [ECOS] BOOTP with BSD Stack
@ 2007-03-21 15:49 Jay Foster
From: Jay Foster @ 2007-03-21 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gary Thomas', Jay Foster
  Cc: 'ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org'

For now, I'm using the following in my application's configuration:

cdl_option CYGPKG_NET_FREEBSD_STACK_CFLAGS_ADD {
    user_value "-D_KERNEL -DBOOTP_COMPAT"
}

Which accomplishes configury via CDL.

If you think something less obscure is needed, I could submit a simple
patch.
Jay

> I have been having problems getting BOOTP to work using the BSD IP stack.
> After perusing the code source, I discovered that there is a conditional
> compile statement (BOOTP_COMPAT) that prevents BOOTP from working.  If I
> define BOOTP_COMPAT, then BOOTP works.
>
> Why is the conditional compile there, and why is there no CDL to enable
it?

IIRC, the stack came that way. (in other words, I didn't
add this conditional when porting the stack)

How about proposing a patch that *does* create some CDL to
manage this choice?