* Re: [ECOS] eCos 1.1
@ 1999-01-22  6:01 Chris Lesiak
From: Chris Lesiak @ 1999-01-22  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

I don't have any answers (I also just started to look at the software,)
 but would like to add a question related to 5:

6. Is cygmon available as sourceware so that I can port it to my board?
(It is mentioned in the documentation that came with the sourceware, but
I could find only the binaries.)

Chris Lesiak
clesiak@env.licor.com
LI-COR, Inc.

* [ECOS] eCos 1.1
@ 1999-01-21 20:29 Jimen Ching
       [not found] ` < 000201be45bf$6d7e33d0$65b7a8c0@JimenC.alii.com >
From: Jimen Ching @ 1999-01-21 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I finally got a chance to take a look at the 1.1 release.  I have a
few questions, if you don't mind.

1.  The installation instructions says I need to build a set of
cross-compiler tools to use eCos.  Is eCos not usable natively?
I.e. can I not compile the test programs and run it on Linux/x86,
for instance?

2.  Why do version directories exist inside the package directory?
I.e. packages/kernel/v1_1.  Is there a plan to use
packages/kernel/v1_2 or packages/kernel/v1_1_1?  What is the
advantage of this?  Are there plans to use files from different
versions?

3.  Though the win32 configuration tool looks nice and all, is there
any plans to produce something like the 'make config' tool in
Linux?  It is a scrolling question and answer tool.

4.  What's with the eCos/prebuilt directory?  How and where can I
use these files?  You know it takes up one third of the distribution
space, right?  ;-)

5.  I am interested in porting eCos to my proprietary system.  It
does not have an eval board.  I didn't read anywhere that describes
how to port to a cpu, rather than to a eval board.  Where should I
start looking?

That's it for now.  Thanks in advance for any info...

--jc
--
jimen@adtech-inc.com
Adtech, Inc.