* [ECOS] libstdc++
@ 2001-06-27  7:23 Robin Farine
From: Robin Farine @ 2001-06-27  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi gang,

Did someone already managed to build libstdc++-v3 for eCos? Just asking before I
start with this delightful task :-}

Robin

* Re: [ECOS] libstdc++
@ 2001-07-14  9:40 ` I-Jui Sung
From: I-Jui Sung @ 2001-07-14  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

How's the libstdc++ build for eCos going?
I'm interested to get the C++ standard library working on eCos, too
(especially the STL).

I'm not sure, but I guess the stl_* header files in my libg++-3 installation
would get compiled on
eCos. Am I right?

P.S. Is there anybody who successfully got STL working on eCos already?

IJS
> Did someone already managed to build libstdc++-v3 for eCos? Just asking
before I
> start with this delightful task :-}
>
> Robin

* Re: [ECOS] libstdc++
@ 2001-07-16  0:28   ` Robin Farine
From: Robin Farine @ 2001-07-16  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: I-Jui Sung; +Cc: ecos-discuss

"I-Jui Sung" <ijsung@csie.nctu.edu.tw> writes:

> Hi,
>
> How's the libstdc++ build for eCos going?
> I'm interested to get the C++ standard library working on eCos, too
> (especially the STL).
>
> I'm not sure, but I guess the stl_* header files in my libg++-3 installation
> would get compiled on
> eCos. Am I right?

Well, I've tried gcc-3.0 with an ARM target but dwarf2 support seems to need
some additional work and when building with stabs as prefered format, I couldn't
run a simple C++ application and then I dropped gcc-3.0.

Now I'm trying the 2.95.2 distribution. With eCos POSIX threads, C++ Exceptions
seem to work but I'm still debugging the std IO streams.

Robin

* Re: [ECOS] libstdc++
@ 2000-06-21  9:25 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-06-21  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bob.koninckx; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Bob Koninckx wrote:

> Does anyone know about libstdc++ for eCos ??

It's not supported yet, sorry. One of the key stumbling blocks is that it
uses libio, and libio defines its own I/O functions like printf, etc. And
those are layered on POSIX open/close/read/write functions.

We are addressing this as part of our initiative to implement EL/IX
compatibility for eCos, but it will take a little time.

Jifl

* [ECOS] libstdc++
@ 2000-06-21  6:34 Bob Koninckx
From: Bob Koninckx @ 2000-06-21  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Does anyone know about libstdc++ for eCos ??

Thanks,
Bob

 ir. Bob Koninckx
 Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
 Division Production Engineering,     tel.  +32 16 322535
 Machine Design and Automation        fax.  +32 16 322987
 Celestijnenlaan 300B                 bob.koninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
 B-3001 Leuven Belgium
 http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/pma.html