* [ECOS] memory layout tool for configtool2
@ 2002-07-21  7:32 Masato Taruishi
From: Masato Taruishi @ 2002-07-21  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

It seems that a memory layout tool hasn't been ported to configtool2
for a long time. Does anybody work for the tool for configtool2?

In this weekend, I tried to port it, even though a lack of MFC and
wxWindows knowledge. I uploaded a current screenshot at

http://people.debian.org/~taru/ecos/mlt.png

Note that it's nothing but a mlt viewer yet (i.e no feature about
editting memory layouts has been ported yet).

Is anybody interested in this work?

Thanks

--
Debian Project http://debian.org/ -  Masato Taruishi <taru@debian.org>

* Re: [ECOS] memory layout tool for configtool2
@ 2002-07-21  7:50 ` NavEcos
From: NavEcos @ 2002-07-21  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masato Taruishi, ecos-discuss

I am interested in this work.

I just rejoined this list after a long hiatus.  I tried to get the
configtool 2.11 to compile an image for i386 PC with the net template and it
failed.

Out of pure curiosity: Has anybody had any success with using 2.11 with the
i386 PC target?  I may have just made an error in my compile.  My older
configtool (used with ecos 1.X) worked fine though.  It may be a setup issue
and I did take the cowards way out - unsupported binary, I didn't compile
from source.

Thanks,
-Rich

@ 2002-07-21 10:51 ` Julian Smart
From: Julian Smart @ 2002-07-21 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masato Taruishi, ecos-discuss

At 23:34 21/07/2002 +0900, Masato Taruishi wrote:
>It seems that a memory layout tool hasn't been ported to configtool2
>for a long time. Does anybody work for the tool for configtool2?
>
>In this weekend, I tried to port it, even though a lack of MFC and
>wxWindows knowledge. I uploaded a current screenshot at
>
>http://people.debian.org/~taru/ecos/mlt.png

Wow! Well done for getting that far. I did the port from MFC
to wxWindows and apologise for never getting around to the
MLT part due to release engineering distractions.

Although I can no longer work on eCos, I'm very happy to
try to answer wxWindows questions. But it looks like you've
got well up to speed already.

Best regards,

Julian
Julian Smart              mailto:julian.smart@btopenworld.com
3 Water Street            http://www.anthemion.co.uk
Stamford, Lincs           +44 (0)1780 765976
U.K. PE9 2NJ

* Re: [ECOS] memory layout tool for configtool2
@ 2002-07-21 12:06   ` Masato Taruishi
From: Masato Taruishi @ 2002-07-21 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julian Smart; +Cc: ecos-discuss

At Sun, 21 Jul 2002 18:52:42 +0100,
Julian Smart wrote:

> Although I can no longer work on eCos, I'm very happy to
> try to answer wxWindows questions. But it looks like you've
> got well up to speed already.

Because I don't have VC++ and nerely use Windows, I don't know
how to compile it on Windows. Is there any way to compile it on
Windows without VC++. For example, can I compile it with only
cygwin?

Thanks
--

@ 2002-07-21 12:34     ` Julian Smart
From: Julian Smart @ 2002-07-21 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masato Taruishi; +Cc: ecos-discuss

At 04:08 22/07/2002 +0900, Masato Taruishi wrote:
>Because I don't have VC++ and nerely use Windows, I don't know
>how to compile it on Windows. Is there any way to compile it on
>Windows without VC++. For example, can I compile it with only
>cygwin?

Unfortunately the last time I tried compiling CT with Cygwin,
there were internal compiler errors (though wxWindows itself
compiles fine with Cygwin and Mingw32). It's remotely possible
that the copious use of templates causes problems in
the Configuration Tool. The latest version of Cygwin
might well be worth trying. If you do try, please remove
the #ifndef __CYGWIN10__ and matching #endif in
configtooldoc.cpp which is left over from trying
to compile with Cygwin.

A better bet might be to use the free Borland compiler, though
this doesn't have a good free debugger.