From: davidw@dedasys.com (David N. Welton)
To: ecos-discuss <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: [ECOS] eCos demo: "scivoli"
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:37:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I am going to go ahead and release my eCos demo "Scivoli" (a bad play
on words - it means 'slides', but the kind in a playground, not the
image kind).

    Scivoli is a demonstration of the eCos embedded operating
    system. It is a self-contained, bootable image viewer that can be
    written to a floppy disk together with an archive of jpeg's. It
    will then boot and loop through the jpeg images. It requires a VBE
    compatible video card to function. Many, but all modern video
    cards meet this criteria.

    The Scivoli distribution includes code to create your own image
    archives.

Both the code and a sample disk image are available from

    http://www.dedasys.com/freesoftware/

I don't think the license quite qualifies as free software - I ask
that if you use the application that you continue to use the splash
screen I have created, or give me visible credit in some other way.
Feel free to contact me if you want to use some bit of code for other
purposes though - I don't think that's not a problem.  Infact, I am
still interested in donating the floppy driver to eCos itself, if it's
not too ugly.

Scivoli will be featured in an upcoming article in "Hackers & Co." (
http://www.oltrelinux.com/ ) an Italian programming/security oriented
magazine.

A big thanks to everyone who has worked on eCos(*) and answered my
questions!

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

* As I said earlier, dinner/wine/beer/whatever awaits you in Padova,
  Italy.