* [ECOS] FOSDEM
@ 2004-01-06 19:33 David N. Welton
From: David N. Welton @ 2004-01-06 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I recall that a bunch of you guys went to FOSDEM last year.  Will
there be an eCos presence there this year?  I think I'm going to go,
so I would be interested if there are going to be any events/meetings
about eCos organized.

David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/

* Re: [ECOS] FOSDEM
@ 2004-01-07  0:06 ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2004-01-07  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David N. Welton; +Cc: ecos-discuss

David N. Welton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recall that a bunch of you guys went to FOSDEM last year.  Will
> there be an eCos presence there this year?  I think I'm going to go,
> so I would be interested if there are going to be any events/meetings
> about eCos organized.
>
> Thanks,

None of the maintainers at eCosCentric are currently planning on
attending FOSDEM at the moment.  The call for papers went out with only
a two week deadline for the abstract and we were pretty busy before
christmas to think about presenting anything.  I don't know if there
were any other eCos submissions for the embedded track but if there is
sufficient interest we could try and arrange something with the event's
organisers.

However, Nick Garnett (original eCos architect) is presenting a 3 hour
tutorial in two 1.5 hour sessions at ESC West on Thursday 1 April 2004.

http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/tech_conf/esc/thursday.htm#ESC-440

eCosCentric will also be present in the exhibitors hall with a couple
more of us also making the trip out to San Francisco.  If you are
planning on attending the show, please stop by our booth to say hi and
tell us what you have been up to :-)

-- Alex

Managing Director / CEO                           eCosCentric Limited
http://www.ecoscentric.com/              The eCos and RedBoot experts

* Re: [ECOS] FOSDEM
@ 2004-01-07  8:01   ` Chris Gray
From: Chris Gray @ 2004-01-07  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Schuilenburg, David N. Welton; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 01:08, Alex Schuilenburg wrote:
> David N. Welton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recall that a bunch of you guys went to FOSDEM last year.  Will
> > there be an eCos presence there this year?  I think I'm going to go,
> > so I would be interested if there are going to be any events/meetings
> > about eCos organized.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> None of the maintainers at eCosCentric are currently planning on
> attending FOSDEM at the moment.  The call for papers went out with only
> a two week deadline for the abstract and we were pretty busy before
> christmas to think about presenting anything.  I don't know if there
> were any other eCos submissions for the embedded track but if there is
> sufficient interest we could try and arrange something with the event's
> organisers.

For similar reasons I won't be presenting anything at FOSDEM, but I had been
kindof hoping to meet some eCosCentric guys there - for longer than 5 minutes
this time (last year I had a concert or something to dash to). Oh, well.

--
Chris Gray                                  /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi              http://www.kiffer.be/k/

* Re: [ECOS] FOSDEM
@ 2004-01-07  8:12   ` David N. Welton
From: David N. Welton @ 2004-01-07  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Schuilenburg; +Cc: ecos-discuss, Chris Gray

Alex Schuilenburg <alexs@ecoscentric.com> writes:

> However, Nick Garnett (original eCos architect) is presenting a 3
> hour tutorial in two 1.5 hour sessions at ESC West on Thursday 1
> April 2004.

> http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/tech_conf/esc/thursday.htm#ESC-440

> eCosCentric will also be present in the exhibitors hall with a
> couple more of us also making the trip out to San Francisco.  If you
> are planning on attending the show, please stop by our booth to say
> hi and tell us what you have been up to :-)

A bit far for me - I live in Italy.

Sorry to hear no one will be there from eCosCentric.  Maybe some users
would like to have a brief meeting?