* RE: [ECOS] Memory map: User defined section
@ 2000-09-19  2:57 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-09-19  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour', Fabrice Gautier
  Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail), John Dallaway, Julian Smart

> NB: Most of the team here is going to be out of e-mail
> contact for the next
> week, so expect an absence of responses from us on ecos-discuss.

Bah... I suppose you will be at ESC West, So I will bother you there... :-)

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com

* RE: [ECOS] Memory map: User defined section
@ 2000-09-18 22:56 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-09-18 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-09-18 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail), John Dallaway, Julian Smart

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> [...]

It's to do with the use of CYG_LABEL_DESC() macros in the MLT .h files.
But  it has also occured to me that the configuration tool binary that is
up for FTP at http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html does not support
the generation of the MLT .h files correctly yet. The Configuration Tool
sources in anonymous CVS do though, although they require MS VC++ to
build(!)

John D: when you get back, can you show Julian how to do a build of the
Configuration Tool that we can make available publically?

NB: Most of the team here is going to be out of e-mail contact for the next
week, so expect an absence of responses from us on ecos-discuss.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Memory map: User defined section
@ 2000-09-16  8:07 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-09-16  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail)

@ 2000-09-15 19:58 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-09-15 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-09-01 21:02 Fabrice Gautier
From: Fabrice Gautier @ 2000-09-01 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jonathan Larmour', Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail)

Thank you, this is what I need.

--

@ 2000-09-01 12:36 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2000-09-01 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Gautier; +Cc: Ecos-List (E-mail)

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> When I define a new section in the memory map with the config tool, I would
> like to have a symbol at the end of this section. Currently, if I define a
> section FOO, there is a symbol __FOO defined at the beginning, and I would
> like to have a __FOO_END at the end.
>
> How is it possible to had this feature? Does it require a change to the
> config tool itself?

Do you really need it? If you include the appropriate MLT generated .h file
(by using
#include <pkgconf/system.h>
#include CYGHWR_MEMORY_LAYOUT_H
) you can get the end by using (&CYGMEM_SECTION_FOO +
CYGMEM_SECTION_FOO_SIZE).

Other than that, you would need to rebuild the config tool. The sources are
in the CVS repository, but require MSVC++ to build them.

Jifl

* [ECOS] Memory map: User defined section
@ 2000-09-01 12:21 Fabrice Gautier