* RE: [ECOS] how to make ecos run without GDB connection ?
@ 2001-07-05  6:38 Tony Ko
From: Tony Ko @ 2001-07-05  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

thank you, Jesper.

you said,
>Instead, try to download the application from the RedBoot console
>using the load command. Then quite the terminal program, connect with
>GDB and set the $pc to the application entry address. Then type 'cont'.

OK, I downloaded eCos image from Redboot console via ethernet.
and set $pc to start address and type 'cont'.
But program received signal "SIGILL", and stopped.

But first of all, I dosn't want to use GDB.
I just want to make eCos run  with typing "go $start_address" from
Redboot console,
after loading eCos image from Redboot console.

thank you.

Nohee Ko
Staff Engineer, SI Hardware
www.gctsemi.com
Tel.  82-2-2167-1283
Fax. 82-2-2167-1290
Mobile : 016-368-7742

* Re: [ECOS] how to make ecos run without GDB connection ?
@ 2001-07-05  3:42 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-07-05  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Ko; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Tony> hi.  I ported eCos to custom mpc860 board ( with modified mbx860
Tony> package ).  eCos on my board runs well with GDB connecton.  I
Tony> download eCos image via serial with GDB. and see GDB console to
Tony> confirm eCos running.  But I think It is main reason eCos runs
Tony> slowly.

Downloads slowly, you mean, surely. Execution speed will not change
whether downloaded from ethernet or serial.

Tony> So I tried to download eCos image via ethernet (on RedBoot).
Tony> But in that case, eCos dosn't run after downloaded completely.
Tony> I think it's from GDB protocol.

Are you by any chance using the ethernet controller in the
application? In that case the connection will die.

Instead, try to download the application from the RedBoot console
using the load command. Then quite the terminal program, connect with
GDB and set the $pc to the application entry address. Then type 'cont'.

Tony> So I disabled "CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE"
Tony> option.  and retried to run eCos without GDB. But the result was
Tony> same.

Don't touch that option when using ethernet - it's required.

Jesper

* [ECOS] how to make ecos run without GDB connection ?
@ 2001-07-05  3:23 Tony Ko
From: Tony Ko @ 2001-07-05  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi.
I ported eCos to custom mpc860 board ( with modified mbx860 package ).
eCos on my board runs well with GDB connecton.
I download eCos image via serial with GDB. and see GDB console to
confirm eCos running.
But I think It is main reason eCos runs slowly.

So I tried to download eCos image via ethernet (on RedBoot).
But in that case, eCos dosn't run after downloaded completely.
I think it's from GDB protocol.

So I disabled  "CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE"  option.
and retried to run eCos without GDB. But the result was same.

So what should I do for that?

thanks.

Nohee Ko
Staff Engineer, SI Hardware