* RE: [ECOS] how to make ecos run without GDB connection ?
@ 2001-07-05  6:38 Tony Ko
From: Tony Ko @ 2001-07-05  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

thank you, Jesper.

you said,
>Instead, try to download the application from the RedBoot console
>using the load command. Then quite the terminal program, connect with
>GDB and set the $pc to the application entry address. Then type 'cont'.

OK, I downloaded eCos image from Redboot console via ethernet.
and set $pc to start address and type 'cont'.
But program received signal "SIGILL", and stopped.

But first of all, I dosn't want to use GDB.
I just want to make eCos run  with typing "go $start_address" from
Redboot console,
after loading eCos image from Redboot console.

thank you.

Nohee Ko
Staff Engineer, SI Hardware
www.gctsemi.com
Tel.  82-2-2167-1283
Fax. 82-2-2167-1290
Mobile : 016-368-7742

* [ECOS] how to make ecos run without GDB connection ?
@ 2001-07-05  3:23 Tony Ko
From: Tony Ko @ 2001-07-05  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi.
I ported eCos to custom mpc860 board ( with modified mbx860 package ).
eCos on my board runs well with GDB connecton.
I download eCos image via serial with GDB. and see GDB console to
confirm eCos running.
But I think It is main reason eCos runs slowly.

So I tried to download eCos image via ethernet (on RedBoot).
But in that case, eCos dosn't run after downloaded completely.
I think it's from GDB protocol.

So I disabled  "CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE"  option.
and retried to run eCos without GDB. But the result was same.

So what should I do for that?

thanks.

Nohee Ko
Staff Engineer, SI Hardware