* RE: [ECOS] hi NICK GARNETT - TCP/IP stack of ecos for i386 PC
@ 2001-09-05  1:01 Nixon, Roger
From: Nixon, Roger @ 2001-09-05  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Nick Garnett', ecos-discuss

> However, we do not have the PCI support code for the PC platform
implemented yet.

Don't we? It seems to be working fine for me! Or am I misunderstanding what
you mean by "support code"?

Roger

The information transmitted in this e-mail is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  We do not accept
responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.
If you received this in error, please inform info@quantumbeam.com and delete
the material from your computer.

* RE: [ECOS] hi NICK GARNETT - TCP/IP stack of ecos for i386 PC
@ 2001-09-05  1:30 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-09-05  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nixon, Roger; +Cc: 'Nick Garnett', eCos Discussion

If you look carefully, you are replying to a copy of a
message that Nick sent on May 26, 2000!  The eCos discussion
mailing list seems to have had a little problem with old
messages today.

@ 2001-09-05  7:35   ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-09-05  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: Nixon, Roger, Andrew Lunn, eCos Discussion

Gary Thomas wrote:

> If you look carefully, you are replying to a copy of a
> message that Nick sent on May 26, 2000!  The eCos discussion
> mailing list seems to have had a little problem with old
> messages today.

Yes, sorry about that. I have put in a call to our systems people to
investigate what happened to make sure it doesn't happen again. It has
stopped now at least.

In the meantime, people, please ignore all posts made today by Nick Garnett
or Hugo Tyson - none of them are "real".

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] hi NICK GARNETT - TCP/IP stack of ecos for i386 PC
@ 2001-09-05  0:10   ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2001-09-05  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

"Avinash Dumbre" <avinashd@aftek.com> writes:

> HI,
>
> Can I use the current ecos version with the beta release of the TCP/IP =
> stack for a target platform of i386 PC
> Can the TCP/IP stack work on i386 platform since the doc for tcp/ip says =
> nothing about the stack implementation for i386.
>
> PLZ help me.
>
> Thanking u in anticipation.

While the TCP/IP stack would work fine on the i386 target, we do not
currently have many device drivers for ethernet hardware - this is
still a fairly new component. Currently we have drivers only for ARM
and PowerPC targets. However, one of these, for the EBSA board,
actually uses an Intel EtherPRO/100+ PCI card and so in theory would
work with minimal changes on an EtherPRO/100+ in a PC. However, we do
not have the PCI support code for the PC platform implemented yet.

Of course if you want to put in the effort to make it work, and
contribute it back to the project, we would be very pleased.

--
Nick Garnett
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat Company

* Re: [ECOS] hi NICK GARNETT - TCP/IP stack of ecos for i386 PC
@ 2000-05-26  4:07   ` Avinash Dumbre
From: Avinash Dumbre @ 2000-05-26  4:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alexs; +Cc: ecos-discuss

HI,

I received ur message and it was of certainly great help.

But I wish to ask u if there is any other way I could test the tcp/ip stack
of ecos on i386 platform.
I mean without using the ethernet card i.e. using PPP.
OR on the communications port COM1or COM2 directly by sending and reciving
data on the communications port.

Which application should i use for it ?

And what r the configuration tool options ?

It would be of great help to me.

Thanking u in anticipation.

Sincerely,

Avinash