* RE: [ECOS] Viewing the source code on Debugger
@ 2006-08-27  8:57 Max Kovalenko
From: Max Kovalenko @ 2006-08-27  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shetty_m, ecos-discuss

Could it be you did not specify the source path in the Trace32?

In Trace32 you can do that either via menu or using one of the sYmbol.SourcePATH.* commands (see online help for those commands).

--
Max

*******************************
* Wireless Team, Marvell Inc. *
*******************************

@ 2006-08-25 12:00 ` Hans Huebner
From: Hans Huebner @ 2006-08-25 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manu shetty; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 8/25/06, manu shetty <shetty_m@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am developing some application on ECOS and using
> the Lauterbauch [Trace32] Debugger to Debug the
> application. I am using the gcc complier and while
> building the ECOS kernel and application added the
> Flag with "-g" option. But after downloading the
> imgage through Lauterbauch I am not able to see the
> source code in C. But I am able to see the function
> names and assemble code.

We are using

Data.LOAD.Elf &file /gnucpp /strippart 1 /path C:\cygwin /gcc3

to load the ELF file to our Coldfire target.   C and C++ symbols work
acceptably.

-Hans

* RE: [ECOS] Viewing the source code on Debugger
@ 2006-08-25  4:06 ` wang cui
From: wang cui @ 2006-08-25  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shetty_m, ecos-discuss

"-g" produce debugging information in the operating system隆炉s native format
(stabs,
COFF, XCOFF, or DWARF).
Maybe you can try change the "-g" option to a specific one like "-gstabs",
"-gcoff", -gdwarf, etc.
You can refer to the GCC's user guide "3.9 Options for Debugging Your
Program or GCC" for complete information about the options.

@ 2006-08-25  3:11 manu shetty