* [ECOS] request
@ 2011-03-25 14:39 suresh reddy
From: suresh reddy @ 2011-03-25 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Dear eCos Team,

iam very new to the eCos and CVS too .Please let me know how can i
download the ARM9 source code .

* [ECOS] Re: request
@ 2011-03-25 14:45 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2011-03-25 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! How do I get HOME?
                                  at

* Re: [ECOS] Re: request
@ 2011-03-25 14:53   ` Drasko DRASKOVIC
       [not found]     ` <AANLkTinz8oUdGiRFpznzwFVMNgeztzNZWmAK4=U5ADZc@mail.gmail.com>
From: Drasko DRASKOVIC @ 2011-03-25 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Edwards; +Cc: ecos-discuss

I've always found that this dinosaur eCos CVS is a bit embarrassing.
Are there initiatives to switch to git ?

BR,
Drasko

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Grant Edwards
<grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-03-25, suresh reddy <sureshreddy.balijepalli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear eCos Team,
>>
>> iam very new to the eCos and CVS too .Please let me know how can i
>> download the ARM9 source code .
>
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html
>
> --
> Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! How do I get HOME?
>                                  at
>                              gmail.com
>

> --

* Re: [ECOS] Re: request
       [not found]     ` <AANLkTinz8oUdGiRFpznzwFVMNgeztzNZWmAK4=U5ADZc@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-03-25 14:57       ` Drasko DRASKOVIC
From: Drasko DRASKOVIC @ 2011-03-25 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ricky wu, ecos-discuss

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM, ricky wu <rickleaf.wu@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, we like ecoscentric hg repositories

I'd like git, not Mercurial. Let's be more serious.

BTW. Please reply to the list...

BR,
Drasko

* Re: [ECOS] Re: request
@ 2011-03-25 14:59         ` ricky wu
From: ricky wu @ 2011-03-25 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drasko DRASKOVIC; +Cc: ecos-discuss

I like git too, our android and standard Linux team all use git.
But git is so complex.

Some company convert svn to hg, because it simple and it is
distributed version control tool too.

--
Ricky Wu

* [ECOS] Re: request
       [not found]     ` <AANLkTinz8oUdGiRFpznzwFVMNgeztzNZWmAK4=U5ADZc@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-03-25 15:26     ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2011-03-25 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 2011-03-25, Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've always found that this dinosaur eCos CVS is a bit embarrassing.
> Are there initiatives to switch to git ?

Switching to mercurial or git has been discussed a couple times in the
past.  I think everybody agrees it's a good idea -- it's mainly a
question of somebody stepping up to do the work.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! A can of ASPARAGUS,
                                  at               73 pigeons, some LIVE ammo,

* Re: [ECOS] Re: request
@ 2011-03-25 16:33       ` Slide
From: Slide @ 2011-03-25 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grant Edwards; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Grant Edwards
<grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-03-25, Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've always found that this dinosaur eCos CVS is a bit embarrassing.
>> Are there initiatives to switch to git ?
>
> Switching to mercurial or git has been discussed a couple times in the
> past.  I think everybody agrees it's a good idea -- it's mainly a
> question of somebody stepping up to do the work.
>
> --
> Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! A can of ASPARAGUS,
>                                  at               73 pigeons, some LIVE ammo,
>                              gmail.com            and a FROZEN DAQUIRI!!

What work do you see being required for this to work?

slide

* Re: [ECOS] Re: request
@ 2011-03-26 19:33           ` Stanislav Meduna
From: Stanislav Meduna @ 2011-03-26 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On 25.03.2011 15:48, ricky wu wrote:

> I like git too, our android and standard Linux team all use git.
> But git is so complex.

Last time I checked git also had a very poor Windows support -
so unless the situation improved significantly (anyone
is using http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/ for daily work?)
or there is a plan to ditch support for cygwin altogether,
I don't think it is a good idea to switch to git (yet).

If the initial burden to eCos development should stay low,
I'd recommend hg.

--
                                    Stano

* Re: [ECOS] Re: request
@ 2011-03-26 20:34             ` Slide
From: Slide @ 2011-03-26 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanislav Meduna; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Stanislav Meduna <stano@meduna.org> wrote:
> On 25.03.2011 15:48, ricky wu wrote:
>
>> I like git too, our android and standard Linux team all use git.
>> But git is so complex.
>
> Last time I checked git also had a very poor Windows support -
> so unless the situation improved significantly (anyone
> is using http://code.google.com/p/gitextensions/ for daily work?)
> or there is a plan to ditch support for cygwin altogether,
> I don't think it is a good idea to switch to git (yet).
>
> If the initial burden to eCos development should stay low,
> I'd recommend hg.
>
> --
>                                    Stano
>
> --

I use git on windows and it works just fine for me (TortoiseGIT).

slide

* Re: [ECOS] Re: request
@ 2011-03-26 20:43             ` Will Wagner
From: Will Wagner @ 2011-03-26 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stanislav Meduna; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 25/03/2011 16:23, Stanislav Meduna wrote:
> On 25.03.2011 15:48, ricky wu wrote:
>
>> I like git too, our android and standard Linux team all use git.
>> But git is so complex.
> Last time I checked git also had a very poor Windows support -

We use git on windows absolutely fine all the time. For the more complex
stuff just use git bash exactly as if you were on a linux machine. If
you need a gui tortoise git allows you to do almost all operations.

I don't think moving to git would make eCos development any harder on
windows, that said I wouldn't mind hg either. I would say that cvs is
terrible and that the sooner eCos gets on with it (whatever the choice)
the better.

Will

* Re: [ECOS] Re: request
@ 2011-03-28 17:00       ` Alex Schuilenburg
From: Alex Schuilenburg @ 2011-03-28 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drasko DRASKOVIC; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 2011-03-25 14:55, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2011-03-25, Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've always found that this dinosaur eCos CVS is a bit embarrassing.
>> Are there initiatives to switch to git ?
> Switching to mercurial or git has been discussed a couple times in the
> past.  I think everybody agrees it's a good idea -- it's mainly a
> question of somebody stepping up to do the work.

The majority of the work has already been done, and the decision to use
mercurial over git has already been made by the eCos maintainers some
time ago.  I believe the only work outstanding is to update the
documentation and then to start publishing the hg repository on sourceware.

In the meantime, the eCos repository is already published in hg form at
https://hg-pub.ecoscentric.com/ecos/

As for the discussion and choice of hg over git, just search the
ecos-discuss archives...

-- Alex Schuilenburg

Managing Director/CEO                                eCosCentric Limited
Tel:  +44 1223 245571                     Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive
Fax:  +44 1223 248712                             Cambridge, CB5 8UU, UK
www.ecoscentric.com             Reg in England and Wales, Reg No 4422071

     ***  Visit us at NEW:UK   The NEC Pavilion, Birmingham  ***
     ***  12-13 April 2011     http://www.new-expo.co.uk     ***

* [ECOS] request
@ 2011-03-22 14:42 suresh reddy
From: suresh reddy @ 2011-03-22 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I would like to port eCos to ARM cortex A9  i.e pandaboard .Iam new to
ecos .Any help and messages are welcome and that makes great help to
me.

Thanks
Suresh