From: "Ali Sina" <replay688@hotmail.com>
To: eibach@gdsys.de
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Updating application in the field via Redboot
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:15:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Dirk,

thanks a lot for your reply This helps a lot.

I have taken a look at EXPECT and it looks good from what I can tell so far.
A very useful pointer. I understand you can use TclApp to package everything
into a standalone application (I do not want to assume that Tcl is installed
on the update host). That application can easily be started by the end user
and will execute the update by talking to Redboot on the target. Exactly
what I am looking for. Also your script from November 2004 looks very
useful.

By the way, which Qt package are you using? Does it work in a way similar to
EXPECT? Right now the update application does not necessarily require a GUI,
as it should work as "fire and forget" - well maybe with a return phrase
like "success" or "fail". But just in case..

Thanks again for the great help,

Ali