* [ECOS] How to activate ethernet driver
@ 2015-04-07 21:10 Dennis S
From: Dennis S @ 2015-04-07 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Good evening,
I have a question concerning the programming of the ethernet in eCos.

The current state is, that I can use some existent functions for the
MAC of my Embedded System located in /devs/eth. They provide the
possibility to access the hardware via HAL_WRITE(). The init function
is used in the NETDEV_TAB macro.

Additionally I wrote some drivers for the seperated PHY with the
obligatory "phy_stat" function. When I started debugging I was very
suprised, that either the init function of the mac nor some function
of the PHY driver was used (I set a brakpoint there and nothing
happens).

So my question is: do I have to activate some other things to get
the ethernet work? What possibilities are there to check the result?
By the way: the plan is to use a third party TCP-stack later.

Kind regards,
Dennis