* RE: [ECOS] Bug for Cirrus Logic EDB7XXX??
@ 2001-05-29 11:43 Dan Conti
From: Dan Conti @ 2001-05-29 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eCos discussion

That is correct. I think they might have had some differences on the DAI
circuitry too, but i can't remember at the moment.

-Dan

@ 2001-05-29 11:34   ` Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
From: Lewin A.R.W. Edwards @ 2001-05-29 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour, honda; +Cc: Gary Thomas, eCos discussion

>But we may have a terminology problem here. We previously somehow
>understood that the EP7209 had no DRAM controller. But according to
> http://www.cirrus.com/design/products/overview/index.cfm?DivisionID=6&SubdivisionID=28&ProductID=109
>it clearly does. Gary, comments?

Query: What is it on that page that makes you believe the 7209 has a DRAM
controller? The document you reference above doesn't actually mention the
acronym "DRAM" anywhere. The only memory types it specifically talks about
are ROM, FLASH and SRAM.

The functional diagram on p.1 of the EP7209's data sheet (Dec 99, DS453PP2)
does show A0..A27 also serving as DRA0..12 a la the 7212, implying the
existence of a DRAM controller. However I think this is a "templating
error". The EP7209 lacks a DRFPR register, at least documented, so the DRAM
controller can't be supported, if it does exist on chip.

The truly interesting thing is that the EDB7209 development kit brief
states that the board has an EP7209 and 16Mb of EDO DRAM. In which case, I
don't see any difference between the EP7209 and the EP7212.

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"... a man who is endowed with real qualities of leadership will be tempted
to refrain from taking part in political life; because [...] the situation
does not call for a man who has a capacity for constructive statesmanship
but rather for a man who is capable of bargaining for the favour of the
majority. Thus the situation will appeal to small minds and will attract
them accordingly."

* Re: [ECOS] Bug for Cirrus Logic EDB7XXX??
@ 2001-05-29 11:25     ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-29 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos discussion, honda

Gary Thomas wrote:

> On 29-May-2001 Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> >
> > Indeed this symbol isn't defined by the configuration tool. It should be
> >#ifdef CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX_VARIANT_EP7209

I'll change this BTW.

> I don't see any mention of a DRAM controller on that page.  It does
> mention that it has a memory controller for up to six memory segments
> which support ROM, FLash and SRAM, but no DRAM.
>
> AFAIK, the 7209 is a DRAM-less version of the 7212.

Oops. Sorry, you're right. I forgot that the board had SRAM.

Jifl

* Re: [ECOS] Bug for Cirrus Logic EDB7XXX??
@ 2001-05-29 11:20   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-05-29 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: eCos discussion, honda

@ 2001-05-29 11:08 ` Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-05-29 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: honda; +Cc: Gary Thomas, eCos discussion

@ 2001-05-27 17:59 honda
From: honda @ 2001-05-27 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos discussion

So, suppose I choose the EP7209 as the processor, the symbol should be
declared, am I right?
I've done the following test,

     1. choose EP7209 as the processor for EDB7xxxx,
     2. add "#error EP7209" under "#ifdef CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7209"
     3. compile the project.
But it never produce the error.
Also, I check the system.h that generated by the ConfigTool, only
CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7xxx is defined.

Kuang-Yang Chuang

OES / ITRI
J220, Bldg. 78, 195-8, Sec. 4, Chung-Hsing Rd.
Chutung, Hsinchu 310, Taiwan, ROC

TEL: 886-3-5917546
FAX: 886-3-5917531

                    Gary Thomas
                    <gthomas@cambridge.r        ¦¬¥ó¤H¡G     honda@itri.org.tw
                    edhat.com>                  °Æ¥»§Û°e¡G   eCos discussion <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
                    ±H¥ó¤H¡G                    ¥D¦®¡G  RE: [ECOS] Bug for Cirrus Logic EDB7XXX??
                    gary@chez-thomas.org

                    2001/05/25 07:59 PM

On 25-May-2001 honda@itri.org.tw wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      In the file
> packages\hal\arm\edb7xxx\current\include\hal_platform_setup.h, a
statement
> '#ifdef CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7209' is find, but it never be defined. Is it a
> bug?

No.  This is one of the symbols which would be defined by the ConfigTool.

* RE: [ECOS] Bug for Cirrus Logic EDB7XXX??
@ 2001-05-25  4:59 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-05-25  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: honda; +Cc: eCos discussion

@ 2001-05-24 22:00 honda