* [ECOS] eb40a and jffs2
@ 2003-11-20  9:46 eibach
From: eibach @ 2003-11-20  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

I added jffs2 and the required packages to my eb40a basic configuration(with 1 MB external memory). It builds fine.
I built a small application with just a diag_printf("..") in main(). When I start it from gdb nothing happens. Also breaking from gdb doesn't work. Doing the same with the basic configuration works fine.
So adding jffs2 seems to break something, but what? Where can I check? Any suggestions?

Regards,
Dirk

* Re: [ECOS] eb40a and jffs2
@ 2003-11-20 11:47 eibach
From: eibach @ 2003-11-20 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hello,

> I added jffs2 and the required packages to my eb40a basic configuration(
> with 1 MB external memory). It builds fine.
> I built a small application with just a diag_printf("..") in main(). When I
> start it from gdb nothing happens. Also breaking from gdb doesn't work.
> Doing the same with the basic configuration works fine.

The problem seems to be connected with redboot. I have disabled FIS support in redboot, now everything works fine, even the fileio1 test passes.
Does anyone have an explanation for that? Is FIS support expected to be diabled in Redboot when jffs2 is used?

Regards,
Dirk