* Re: [ECOS] A few quesion about mods ...
@ 2003-11-14  7:00 eibach
From: eibach @ 2003-11-14  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linuxha; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Hello,

> I'm currently working with the AT91EB40A which I've added 1M of RAM. I
> have successfully done the ecosconfig new, import, tree and make. I'm
> hoping to get the files downloaded to the board later this week. I've
> found the ldi file under my RAM directory (that's where I everything).
> Should I change this file to reflect the added RAM? It say 'do not
> edit'. Is there a proper way to do this?

have a look at:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-10/msg00338.html

Don't worry and remove the write protection from the files. It's ok.

Regards,
Dirk

To: linuxha@comcast.net
Cc: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com

* Re: [ECOS] A few quesion about mods ...
@ 2003-11-16 14:20   ` Linux HA
From: Linux HA @ 2003-11-16 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Sorry for the delay in response my machine lost it's mind and I found
it easier to reload than repair.

Greg Holdren wrote:
>>Second question deals with networking. I didn't see any references to
>>the AT91 & networking and I'm going to be adding the 'packet whacker'
>>board (RTL8019, later an AX88796) does anyone have a reference to
>>work done adding networking to an ECOS package?
>>

> The driver for the Cirrus Logic CS8900 is in the tree. This is what other
> EB40 users have used for the network interface on this board.
> I picked up a 3.3V version CS8900-CQ3 to this but havnt got around to
> putting it on mine yet. Lineo (sp) made a EB40 like board with the CS8900 on
> it with extra memory, BTW.

Excellent! Makes my job much easier for the port of the RTL8019, the
AX88976 and later our custom board with the AX88976 chip.

I didn't know about the Lineo board I'll take a look. Thanks!

> I picked up my module up from http://www.edtp.com/

That's where I got my RTL8019 board (the Packet Whacker) they have
an AX88976 board in the works but if that takes too long I'll just
get the PIC or AVR board with the AX88976 on it. A little more
expensive but it's a one off.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)

* Re: [ECOS] A few quesion about mods ...
@ 2003-11-14  7:30 ` Greg Holdren
From: Greg Holdren @ 2003-11-14  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

> Second question deals with networking. I didn't see any references to
> the AT91 & networking and I'm going to be adding the 'packet whacker'
> board (RTL8019, later an AX88796) does anyone have a reference to
> work done adding networking to an ECOS package?

The driver for the Cirrus Logic CS8900 is in the tree. This is what other
EB40 users have used for the network interface on this board.
I picked up a 3.3V version CS8900-CQ3 to this but havnt got around to
putting it on mine yet. Lineo (sp) made a EB40 like board with the CS8900 on
it with extra memory, BTW.

I picked up my module up from http://www.edtp.com/

Greg

* Re: [ECOS] A few quesion about mods ...
@ 2003-11-13 18:07 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2003-11-13 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux HA; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Linux HA <linuxha@comcast.net> writes:

> I'm currently working with the AT91EB40A which I've added 1M of RAM. I
> have successfully done the ecosconfig new, import, tree and make. I'm
> hoping to get the files downloaded to the board later this week. I've
> found the ldi file under my RAM directory (that's where I everything).
> Should I change this file to reflect the added RAM? It say 'do not
> edit'. Is there a proper way to do this?

The stuff about not editing the file is because we used to have a GUI
Memory Layout Tool that generated this file from the .mlt file. This
tool has not been ported to the latest version of the config tool. So
for now you can edit the .ldi file. Remember to edit the matching .h
file to match.

> Second question deals with networking. I didn't see any references to
> the AT91 & networking and I'm going to be adding the 'packet whacker'
> board (RTL8019, later an AX88796) does anyone have a reference to
> work done adding networking to an ECOS package?

In their default configuration, the EBXX boards do not have enough RAM
to contain the TCP/IP stack. With 1MB you should be OK. To get
networking running on any target you just need a driver for the
ethernet device.

* [ECOS] A few quesion about mods ...
@ 2003-11-13 14:06 Linux HA