* RE: [ECOS] ARM PID big-endian in RedHat 7.1 Question....
@ 2001-07-06 17:19 Tom Dell
From: Tom Dell @ 2001-07-06 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu-Hsueh Chou, ecos-discuss

I have not built it for big-endian arch's, but I'm pretty sure
all you have to do is use the proper target name when compiling
the gcc and glibc.  i.e. armv4b (the b is for big endian).

Hope this helps.
Tom Dell

From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2001-07-08 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yu-Hsueh Chou; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Yu-Hsueh Chou wrote:

> Right now, I need to use binutils_2.11.2, gcc-core_3.0,
> gcc-g++_3.0. and insight_5.0 from the ARM PID.
> but I have no patch file for this new version gcc. how can
> I get the big-endian library for ARM by modifying the makefile
> of gcc? or anyone can do me a favor to give me advices
> to overcome this trouble.

gcc 3.0 is quite broken for ARM. Wait for 3.0.1 or stick with 2.95. Or
alternatively there are vendors such as Red Hat who can sell you working
modern versions of ARM tools.

Jifl
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/

* [ECOS] ARM PID big-endian in RedHat 7.1 Question....
@ 2001-07-06 16:30 Yu-Hsueh Chou