* Re: [ECOS] lwip question
@ 2002-06-26 14:02 john ashfield
From: john ashfield @ 2002-06-26 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Since ecos does not support my hardware platform, I port ecos with lwip to
psim first, and make sure it runs on psim. Then, I hook up the stand-alone
ethernet driver and the serial driver with my own drivers. To port lwip to
ecos running on psim, I run the following commands:

ecosconfig new psim
ecosconfig add lwip eth_drivers
ecosconfig tree
make
make tests

Then, I run one of the tests (udpecho, tcpecho ...) to test the lwip. After
that I will replace ethernet and serial drivers with my own drivers, make
sure it compiles. Finally, I will bring the whole thing (ecos, lwip with my
drivers) on the real hardware.

Thanks

* Re: [ECOS] lwip question
@ 2002-06-26 10:51 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2002-06-26 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: john ashfield; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 11:28, john ashfield wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to port lwip to ecos on psim platform. After trying to "make
> tests", I received complile errors in
> ./packages/io/eth/current/src/stand_alone/eth_drv.c.
>
> Then I locked all the code in the file and tried "make tests" again (sorry,
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What does this mean?  I don't understand your terminology.

> I shouldn't do this in the source code. I just want to find out what is
> going on beyond that). This time, it "make tests" successfully, but I dont
> know how to test udpecho, tcpecho httpd or socket in
> install/tests/net/lwip_tcpip/current/tests in the build directory.
> I already tried "psim tcpecho", and it just stops at "newconn =
> netconn_accept(conn);" in tcpecho.c

These tests all assume a real network connection and something (another
host computer) to talk to.  About the only network tests you could hope
to run on a simulator would be the "loopback" tests.

What are you trying to test anyway?

* [ECOS] lwip question
@ 2002-06-26 10:49 john ashfield