* [ECOS] loading srec files thru redboot
@ 2001-07-13  5:55 vipin mehta
From: vipin mehta @ 2001-07-13  5:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,
  Using the prebuilt redboot image (redboot.UU) for e7t board I've been
successfully able to get the board boot from RedBoot on startup. So far so
good. I have a test application now which i want to download onto the board
using redboot. the application image is in the 'srec' format (Motorola
S-Record; binary data in text format). i then execute
RedBoot> load example.srec
I get some Cs on the screen and after that some dots and after that it just
times out saying "'example.srec' could not be loaded". what could i be
missing ?

also I faced some problems building my own redboot image. i did as was
written in the manual
ecosconfig new e7t redboot
ecosconfig import
$(ECOS_REPOSITORY)/hal/arm/e7t/current/misc/redboot_ROM.ecm
ecosconfig tree
make

i get the image and i flashwrite it into the board. when i reboot the board
it throws some junk characters onto my hyperterm configured at 38400 baud. I
suspected some baudrate problem and so I tried this with hyperterm running
at all the possible baud rates one by one. I cudn't succeed. what could be
the problem ?

regards,
vipin

* Re: [ECOS] loading srec files thru redboot
@ 2001-07-13  6:33 ` Jesper Skov
From: Jesper Skov @ 2001-07-13  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vipin mehta; +Cc: ecos-discuss

vipin> Hi, Using the prebuilt redboot image (redboot.UU) for e7t board
vipin> I've been successfully able to get the board boot from RedBoot
vipin> on startup. So far so good. I have a test application now which
vipin> i want to download onto the board using redboot. the
vipin> application image is in the 'srec' format (Motorola S-Record;
vipin> binary data in text format). i then execute
RedBoot> load example.srec
vipin> I get some Cs on the screen and after that some dots and after
vipin> that it just times out saying "'example.srec' could not be
vipin> loaded". what could i be missing ?

You need to start a download in the terminal program at this time.
In minicom that's done with C-a s

vipin> i get the image and i flashwrite it into the board. when i
vipin> reboot the board it throws some junk characters onto my
vipin> hyperterm configured at 38400 baud. I suspected some baudrate
vipin> problem and so I tried this with hyperterm running at all the
vipin> possible baud rates one by one. I cudn't succeed. what could be
vipin> the problem ?

You didn't invoke the 'plugin' command by any chance?

Jesper