From: "Slaughter, Richard" <Richard.Slaughter@aei.com>
To: <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Subject: [ECOS] Building binutils
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 22:17:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I'm trying to build an arm tool chain  for ECOS per the build
instructions.

I have a fresh install of cygwin and all the recommended sources.

Each time I try to build the binutils-2.13.1    I get the following
error message from the make.

This seems to be a problem with the version of makeinfo.?  I'm using
version 4.8 of makeinfo.

make[4]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils/doc'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils/doc'
rm -f config.texi
echo '@set VERSION 2.13.1' > config.texi
makeinfo  -I /binutils-2.13.1/binutils/doc
/binutils-2.13.1/binutils/doc/binutils.texi
/binutils-2.13.1/binutils/doc/binutils.texi:51: Unknown index `ky'
and/or `cp' in @synindex.
makeinfo: Removing output file `/buildbin/binutils/doc/binutils.info'
due to errors; use --force to preserve.
make[2]: *** [binutils.info] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils/doc'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/buildbin/binutils'
make: *** [install-binutils] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/buildbin'

I've tried several different version of binutils   with the same results

Anyone recognize this error and have a fix?

Thanks,

Richard Slaughter

Firmware Engineer