* [ECOS] ethernet driver
@ 2003-01-07  9:20 张 亮
From: 张 亮 @ 2003-01-07  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 535 bytes --]

Dear Mr.Thomas,
      in driver file: ks5000_ether.c,I found that function
"ks32c5000_eth_send()" call eth_drv_tx_done(),but in net/eth_drv.c,
eth_drv_tx_done() did nothing(no free key:mbuf link),does it work well?

Thank you!

BRs/johnsonest

* Re: [ECOS] ethernet driver
@ 2006-01-21  2:03   ` ram kumar
From: ram kumar @ 2006-01-21  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: eCos Discussion

i have a test board having 'n' eth ports, i am using a
JTAG interface to it to send some data from each eth
port.

now on the receiving end i am having a x86 PC with
eCos , i want to receive the data from eth port of my
x86 PC. and print it on monitor using "diag_printf".

Now the data coming from test board is not having any
header as tcp/ip packet have.

Now before eth i was making a serial driver. at that
time i found that "cyg_io_read/write/lookup" api's are
there to control serial driver. i was thinking that
for eth also i can use it. but then found that this is
not allowed.So i was thinking that after making a eth
driver using macros "ETH_DRV_SC()/NETDEVTAB_ENTRY()",
can i make some equivalent "cyg_io_read/write" sort of
api for my driver. Because the inbulit driver for x86
is dirctly being controlled by tcp/ip or BSD tcp/ip
stack.

sir please help me out. please give me some direction.

regards,
Ram Kumar

--- Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 15:23 +0000, ram kumar wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In io/eth/doc/driver_doc
> >
> > Under the topic ´Calling graph for Transmit and
> > Receive¡ it is written that
> >
> > ´Foreground task calls into network stack to send
> > packet¡.
> >
> > If a user wants to do the same operation, through
> its
> > application code. Then what could be the way?
> >
> > Means in place of stack or ´Foreground task¡, I
> want
> > to transmit data (raw data without any format of
> > tcp/ip) myself.
> >
> > I am asking this bÿcoz , all the test cases in
> ´net¡
> > package are based on ´socket¡, and I only want to
> use
> > Ethernet port, without going for ´tcp/ip or BSD¡
> > stack.
>
> Why?  What are you trying to accomplish?
>
> --

> Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
> MLB Associates              |    Embedded world

* Re: [ECOS] ethernet driver
@ 2006-01-20 15:42 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2006-01-20 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ram kumar; +Cc: eCos Discussion

@ 2006-01-20 15:23 ram kumar
From: ram kumar @ 2006-01-20 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

In io/eth/doc/driver_doc

Under the topic “Calling graph for Transmit and
Receive” it is written that

“Foreground task calls into network stack to send a
packet”.

If a user wants to do the same operation, through its
application code. Then what could be the way?

Means in place of stack or “Foreground task”, I want
to transmit data (raw data without any format of
tcp/ip) myself.

I am asking this b’coz , all the test cases in “net”
package are based on “socket”, and I only want to use
Ethernet port, without going for “tcp/ip or BSD”
stack.

Please help me. I am new to Ethernet.

Thanks all

Regards,
Ram Kumar

* [ECOS] ethernet driver
@ 2006-01-18 12:26 ram kumar
From: ram kumar @ 2006-01-18 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi all,

I am using i386 PC with eCos.

I have to make an Ethernet driver, which just sends
and receives the data, but not in a format of TCP/IP
packet.
I need to initialize the port and send a char byte
(take ‘S’) on one port infinitely. And on the same
time I have another Ethernet port, which will be
receiving data. Here both the ports are on same board
and both the ports will be directly connected to each
other with out any 'switch' or 'HUB' in between.

I did study of eCos i82559 driver, there are few list
of apiÂ’s I think I can use. So. If I use libraries
with eCos Ethernet driver (eth0 & eth1) disabled, with
an application looking something like given below,
then will it work?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Static void TX_thread(CYG_ADDRESS data) // fot eth0
port
{
Xxx_i82559_init(struct cyg_netdevtab_entry * ndp)
// With all relevant modifications

While (1)
{
Xxx_i82559_send (struct eth_drv_sc *sc, struct
eth_drv_sg *sg_list, int sg_len, int total_len,
unsigned long key)
		// With all relevant modification

Static void RX_thread(CYG_ADDRESS data) // for eth1
port
{
Xxx_i82559_init(struct cyg_netdevtab_entry * ndp)
// With all relevant modifications

While (1)
{
Xxx_i82559_recv( struct eth_drv_sc *sc, struct
eth_drv_sg *sg_list, int
sg_len );
// With all relevant modifications

diag_printf(“the data %c”, data byte received);

void cyg_user_start(void)
{
	// Create and resume the TX_thread & RX_thread
}

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am new to Ethernet. Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Ram Kumar

* Re: [ECOS] ethernet driver
@ 2002-08-27  5:38 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2002-08-27  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: umesh jaiswal; +Cc: ecos-discuss

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 05:31:30AM -0700, umesh jaiswal wrote:
> hi all..
>                   eCos,being a highly configurable
>
> rtos ,i want to use it in my embedded device which
> will be connected on lan.
> for  that I need to know what different ethernet
> device driver are available with eCos and how can i
> get those Drivers.I would appreciate if a Driver for a
> low cost Ethernet Device can be suggested.
>
> If any body is having some idea on this please tell
> me.

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/hardware.html#ethernet

I don't know the relative prices of devices, but we have an old
smsc_lan91 on one of our boards. That device what chosen because its
cheap and does not need a PCI bridge etc.

      Andrew

* [ECOS] ethernet driver
@ 2002-08-27  5:31 umesh jaiswal
From: umesh jaiswal @ 2002-08-27  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

hi all..
                  eCos,being a highly configurable

rtos ,i want to use it in my embedded device which
will be connected on lan.
for  that I need to know what different ethernet
device driver are available with eCos and how can i
get those Drivers.I would appreciate if a Driver for a
low cost Ethernet Device can be suggested.

If any body is having some idea on this please tell
me.

with warm regards!

umesh

* RE: [ECOS] ethernet driver
@ 2001-02-15 19:48 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2001-02-15 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS); +Cc: ecos-discuss

On 16-Feb-2001 Natarajan, Mekala (CTS) wrote:
> Hi,
>       i am trying tcp/ip support for i386 target.
> i could successfully build the kernel with the fabrice patches(ethernet
> support).
> My i386 target has a 3com Etherlink ethernet card.it is possible to use the
> same i82559 ecos driver contributed by fabrice.i guess no..i want
> to confirm this..

Indeed, you'll need a different driver for that device.  [We don't have one, sorry]

* [ECOS] ethernet driver
@ 2001-02-15 19:43 Natarajan, Mekala (CTS)
From: Natarajan, Mekala (CTS) @ 2001-02-15 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com'

Hi,
	i am trying tcp/ip support for i386 target.
i could successfully build the kernel with the fabrice patches(ethernet
support).
My i386 target has a 3com Etherlink ethernet card.it is possible to use the
same i82559 ecos driver contributed by fabrice.i guess no..i want
to confirm this..

regards,
mekala

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

		Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com