* RE: [ECOS] how to create floppy image for ecos ?
@ 2003-12-04 13:55 Richardson, Anthony
From: Richardson, Anthony @ 2003-12-04 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

David N. Welton wrote:

> One thing that I've written which is at times helpful is a little
> application in Tcl in order to verify that your floppy image has
> indeed been trasferred correctly to the disk.  It's kind of slow,
> because it both reads and writes the image, but with the quantity of
> bad disks out there, it can save you from scratching your head when
> something  doesn't quite work.
>
> It's available here:
>
> http://dedasys.com/freesoftware/
>
> Look under 'scivoli':
>
> wget http://www.dedasys.com/freesoftware/files/md5check.tcl.gz
> gunzip md5check.tcl.gz
> ./md5check.tcl image.bin /dev/fd0
>
> You have to have the right permissions, of course.

Yet another way to do this:

  cmp image.bin /dev/fd0

or

  diff image.bin /dev/fd0

Tony Richardson

* Re: [ECOS] how to create floppy image for ecos ?
@ 2003-12-04 11:30   ` David N. Welton
From: David N. Welton @ 2003-12-04 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Garnett; +Cc: sivaraman venugopal, ecos-discuss

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/

* Re: [ECOS] how to create floppy image for ecos ?
@ 2003-12-04 11:22 ` Nick Garnett
From: Nick Garnett @ 2003-12-04 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sivaraman venugopal; +Cc: ecos-discuss

sivaraman venugopal <sivaramanvenugopal@yahoo.com> writes:

> hi
> I have build the RedBoot image for an i386 PC
> (Redboot.bin file).
>
> it works when i reboot my system.
>
> i also build the ecos library for an i386 PC
> (default).
>
> i compiled and linked  the ecos example file
> "hello.c", as said in the "Embedded software
> development with eCos " book. It produced two files
> "hello.o" and "hello" .
>
> how can i create a floppy image of the example
> "hello", to boot it from floppy directly.

Take a look at the following page about how to build a floppy-booted
application:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/setup-i386-pc.html

It explains everything there.

* [ECOS] how to create floppy image for ecos ?
@ 2003-12-04  4:51 sivaraman venugopal