Title: RE: [ECOS] TCP/IP and RTEMS Jim - JB- Is RTEMS is shipped with the unmodified GPL, or do JB- they add the "special exception" in the text of the  JB- license they ship?  I'd like a legal opinion on JB- whether linking with RTEMS puts my code under GPL, JB- because of the way the RTEMS license is written. I can't give you legal advice or interpretations. You may wish to download RTEMS sources and check their license wording first-hand. My non-expert understanding is that both groups are attempting to achieve much the same thing. You may also wish to ask Dr. Sherrill of OAR Corp. [ mailto:joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com ], and naturally to seek legal advice as to the nuances of each license. Regards -   John Mills, Sr. Software Engineer   TGA Technologies, Inc.   100 Pinnacle Way, Suite 140   Norcross, GA 30071-3633   e-mail: jmills@tga.com   Phone: 770-441-2100 ext.124 (voice)          770-449-7740 (FAX)