* [ECOS] strange cygwin effect
@ 2004-07-29 12:59 Neundorf, Alexander
From: Neundorf, Alexander @ 2004-07-29 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I noticed a strange effect when using ecos with cygwin: suddenly my "/cygdrive/d/" appears as "/ecos-d/", which is entered in the registry as a cygwin mountpoint.
Any idea why this happens ?
It must be either ecosconfig or cmake (or something else ;-)
It's the current cygwin with cygwin1.dll 1.5.9.

Bye
Alex

* AW: [ECOS] strange cygwin effect
@ 2004-07-29 18:49 ` Volker Kamp
From: Volker Kamp @ 2004-07-29 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neundorf, Alexander, ecos-discuss

> I noticed a strange effect when using ecos with cygwin: suddenly
> my "/cygdrive/d/" appears as "/ecos-d/", which is entered in the
> registry as a cygwin mountpoint.
> Any idea why this happens ?
> It must be either ecosconfig or cmake (or something else ;-)
> It's the current cygwin with cygwin1.dll 1.5.9.

Hi,
you can fix that in regedit.exe (for Windows only). Search for "cygwin" and
take a look at the mounts. Then rename your drive as you want.
Volker

> Bye
> Alex
>
> --

* Re: [ECOS] strange cygwin effect
@ 2004-07-29 20:11   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-07-29 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 07:19:54PM +0200, Volker Kamp wrote:
>>I noticed a strange effect when using ecos with cygwin: suddenly my
>>"/cygdrive/d/" appears as "/ecos-d/", which is entered in the registry
>>as a cygwin mountpoint.  Any idea why this happens ?  It must be either
>>ecosconfig or cmake (or something else ;-) It's the current cygwin with
>>cygwin1.dll 1.5.9.
>
>you can fix that in regedit.exe (for Windows only).  Search for
>"cygwin" and take a look at the mounts.  Then rename your drive as you
>want.

Why not use the 'mount' command rather than mucking around in the
registry?  That's what the mount command is for.

cgf

* [ECOS] Re: strange cygwin effect
@ 2004-07-29 22:14 ` John Dallaway
From: John Dallaway @ 2004-07-29 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neundorf, Alexander; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Neundorf, Alexander wrote:

> I noticed a strange effect when using ecos with cygwin: suddenly
> my "/cygdrive/d/" appears as "/ecos-d/", which is entered in the
> registry as a cygwin mountpoint. Any idea why this happens ?

This behaviour was implemented within the eCos hosts tools years ago to
ensure that the source code was always accessed via a Cygwin text-mode
mount during compilation. This was necessary due to a limitation of the
toolchains of that era. The use of text-mode mounts should no longer be
strictly necessary and, at some point, this behaviour will be removed.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited