* [ECOS] Industrial terminal server
@ 2005-04-11 13:14 Bruno Cabral Goncalves
From: Bruno Cabral Goncalves @ 2005-04-11 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

Hi,

I need a hardware with eCos and 4 ethernet port for industrial use (I don`t known if the right name is terminal server, but I don`t known another name), that I can use my software on eCos. Someone known where I can buy this hardware?

Thanks
Bruno

* Re: [ECOS] Industrial terminal server
@ 2005-04-11 13:36 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2005-04-11 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Cabral Goncalves; +Cc: eCos Discussion

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 10:14 -0300, Bruno Cabral Goncalves wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a hardware with eCos and 4 ethernet port for industrial
> use (I don`t known if the right name is terminal server, but I
> don`t known another name), that I can use my software on eCos.
> Someone known where I can buy this hardware?

Your description is a bit vague.  Are you asking for a piece
of hardware that has 4 ethernet channels that runs eCos?  Are
you intending to run some special eCos application, or are you
just looking for this sort of connectivity.

A bit more detail and maybe we can provide better answers.

* [ECOS] Re: Industrial terminal server
@ 2005-04-12 13:50 ` Grant Edwards
From: Grant Edwards @ 2005-04-12 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ecos-discuss

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a hardware with eCos and 4 ethernet port for industrial
> use (I don`t known if the right name is terminal server, but I
> don`t known another name), that I can use my software on eCos.
> Someone known where I can buy this hardware?

Terminal servers usually have a an Ethernet prot and a bunch of
serial ports.  If that's what you're interested in, my former
employer sells boxes like that that run eCos and have an
available software development kit.  They're available with 1-2
Ethernet ports and 1-32 serial ports (RS-232/422/485):

http://www.comtrol.com/products/hardware/devicemasterpro.asp
http://www.comtrol.com/products/hardware/dmrts.asp

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Kids, don't gross me
                                  at               off... "Adventures with