* Re: [ECOS] ADC
@ 2001-07-16  0:44 rob.wj.jansen
From: rob.wj.jansen @ 2001-07-16  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tadams; +Cc: ecos-discuss

Trenton,

Gary Thomas wrote:

>> On 13-Jul-2001 Trenton D. Adams wrote:
>> Is there a standard api/interface for Analog to Digital Converters in
>> eCos?  I would guess not since programming of an ADC would generally be
>> quite simple.  Correct?
>
> Correct - you are on your own on this one.

Why ? I guess there are others out here that would like a defined API for this.

I would go for a character based interface where it is possible to send/receive data as a byte stream
containing the words from/to the ADC.
Set/get properties of the ADC would contain data like the resolution (in bits), sample period and maybe
also if it is linear/aLaw/uLaw. Just define what you need and leave other fields zero (reserved for future use).

Good luck,

     Rob Jansen

Software Engineer
Competence Center Platforms
BU Mobile Communications
Meijhorst 60-10, 6537 KT Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-24-353-6329
Fax: +31-24-353-3613
mailto:Rob.WJ.Jansen@philips.com

* [ECOS] ADC