From: "Laurie Gellatly" <laurie.gellatly@netic.com>
To: <ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: [ECOS] Interrupts and new ethernet driver
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:33:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi All,
I'm trying to debug a new Ethernet chip driver for my own Arm board.
I've modelled the new driver code on the SMSC 911cxx driver that was used in
the phycore 2294 dev board I used during development.
I'm using Redboot in RAM to debug the driver.

Although I've seen the stack send a packet or two the system quickly
hangs/crashes.
When I halt the system via JTAG, the PC is around the 10 to 20 addresses.
Removing the network cable the system runs fine until the cable is plugged
in again.
My reading suggests that Redboot does not use interrupts, yet the old driver
appears to
enable and use interrupts. Which is correct?

If interrupts are being used then how/where are the ISR and DSR 'connected'
to the interrupt
as the cyg_driver_interrupt_create seems to be #defined out when using
Redboot?

If interrupts are not to be used with Redboot then I would expect the CPU to
be setup to leave
the interrupt masked off, but that does not seem to be what happens with the
SMSC driver.

When I add diag_printf's to the code things appear to become worse.
Should diag_printf's be OK to use here?

I've looked at ch 51 from the ref manual and I've still got these questions.

Any assistance/suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks			...Laurie:{)